Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

2 SnG 5.50....man, Im in trouble...

Default 2 SnG 5.50....man, Im in trouble...

Please annihilate my play.... I have had a ridiculously bad last two days and by the sites of today's SnGs. Its not going to get better soon....I am too close to see it but I can feel a HUGE hole in my game.

http://www.flopturnriver.com/Online-...ment-4084.html
    http://www.flopturnriver.com/Online-...ment-4085.html

Default oops

I just realized that I forgot to change the position I was knocked out in. It was obviously much earlier than bubble. Sorry

Default uugg

PS cut off the HH for tourney 4085. The full history is below...sorry again

http://www.flopturnriver.com/Online-...ment-4086.html

H2- I fold this. No prior limpers and you don't really want to call a raise and be dominated.

H3- The blinds are huge, and you have no chips. Raise or fold this, and I would fold.

H4- This is terrible. You have no hand, no chips, and have to fold to any raise and any non Q- high flop. Fold this garbage and move on.

H5- Yeesh. Bottom pair on a board with 800 million draws. I'd fold, and get my money in in a situation that I have a legit chance of having the best hand, even though you're shortstacked. He's never folding to your raise, so you have to have the best hand at show down.

Seemed kinda desperate when you were short. Think about how many SnGs you win when coming back from <1000 chips!
    Ich grolle nicht...
    4084, the first one

H1- I'd raise the flop to see where you are in the hand.

When the blinds get above the first two levels, I'm generally less inclined to limp with any hand, but these are ok I guess. H3 could easily be a raise.

H7- This is another raise with absolute garbage. Your chips are much more valuable to you when you are shortstacked, and risking over 1/4 of them on absolute trash is not good.

H8- I would shove the turn, but you're losing your chips anyways, as would I.
    Ich grolle nicht...

Default thanks!

Thanks for the reply's Illfavor...I know the two don't directly correlate but I am currently having an issue that needs addressing now than ever. I have been playing poker for about 6 years now. The problem is that I have been playing live and have never focused on OL play as much. When I play live I focus much more on reads and playing the player. The same doesn't work for OL play (meaning the same style). So I notice I feel like I'm blind a lot of the time. Do you have any good advice for making this an easier transition?
    I used to play a little game of guessing an opponents 2 hole cards, even if I was out of the hand. After a little practice I got pretty good at it. You begin to realise players' betting patterns and understand how they bet in certain situations. Often I am able to correctly guess opponents cards (or at least think of a narrow range) before they even show then. It does require a certain keenness and attention to players and hands, but it's certainly worth it since as you know physical reads are simply not there.
    I used to play a little game of guessing an opponents 2 hole cards, even if I was out of the hand.
    I strongly recommend always playing this 'game'
    While player reads are important, and it is extremely beneficial to have a good read (especially on the bubble), but YOU playing well is more important. This will help your transition, by following stricter guidelines. You cannot exploit their mistakes if you are making the same ones, or worse ones. I can somewhat understand your problem, as I love live play much more than online, but honestly it isn't any harder playing online. It probably requires more discipline. Folding that QJs UTG+1 is hard, but early on it's what you need to do.

When playing online, betting patterns and hands shown down are your greatest reads on opponents. If they're caliing every hand, or calling a lot in general, then they're way too loose. The opposite is true. Watch what they do preflop, and check out this thread.:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...es-t74119.html

In general, players online are way too loose. They will never ever fold AJ, even when facing two allins and a reshove by the big stack, so don't try, just be sure you're dominating them every time. I noticed in your playing that you were making too many moves on pots that required potcommitting raises with nothing. In SnGs, every chip is vitally important, and more important when you're shortstacked (see ICM and chip equity for an explanation).

Hope that helps.
    Ich grolle nicht...

Default Re: uugg

Quote Originally Posted by revolvingiris
    PS cut off the HH for tourney 4085. The full history is below...sorry again

http://www.flopturnriver.com/Online-...ment-4086.html
    Generally, the problem with this one is you're forcing action too early. Me, if I take early stabs (read: before 100/200) I have to have a hand or can get into a multiway pot relatively cheaply with a nuts-making kind of hand (suited connectors and pairs).

Hand 1: Well played. This might not sound right since you checked every street but at no point can you make a stand with bottom pair, worst kicker.

Hand 2: Fold pre. You can have little confidence if you make a pair oop on the flop since your kicker is marginal. You can play this in later position, but not MP1.

Hand 3: Fold pre, raise if you feel you must play it but the blinds aren't really big enough to be stealing yet. Limping accomplishes nothing. You'll be oop after the flop with poor kickers and draws even if you do make a hand.

Hand 4: Fold pre. Again, blinds aren't big enough to steal yet.

Hand 5: Fold flop. With so few chips, you're better off finding a place to push pre-flop. It's a very drawy board, so even if Opp doesn't have a hand now, your reverse implied odds are poor. Alternatively, you could have pushed pre if your read was such you thought the limp meant a weak holding but without a read, check pre and fold flop.