Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$5 - Flop is all aces

Default $5 - Flop is all aces

Villian was a loose player with stats around 47/17. I think I need to bet this flop, but what do I do if he pushes? I was just trying to steal the blinds here, but guess I should know better than to try and steal from a loose player like this. As played, are you calling this or just let it go as your stack isn't terrible.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

UTG (t3040)
    MP (t2415)
    CO (t2960)
    Button (t960)
    Hero (t2325)
    BB (t1800)

Preflop: Hero is SB with , .
    4 folds, Hero raises to t250, BB calls t150.

Flop: (t550) , , (2 players)
    Hero checks, BB bets t1550 (All-In), Hero ???

Final Pot: t550
    hmmm well first thing that comes to my mind is this looks an awful lot like villain has a pocket pair 44s-88s, maybe even 99 or TT.

This would be a nice non-scare flop for a pp, and if this guy seems to not be very good based on his numbers, I think he would want to get it all in on the flop so he doesn't have to deal with an over card coming on the turn.

I would fold because I would hate to see villain turn over 22, especially if you feel you can outplay him.

Thoughts?
    Yeah for sure first thing that comes to mind is a PP, but if villian is a loose bad player I see him reraising you with 88+, so if he has a PP its low, 22-66....I howver could see villian trying to make a move with two face cards.....this line is less likely IMO, as played fold to shove...as you said your stack is fine,
    I like a 1/2 pot lead, but as played fold cause yer most likely drawing to 6 outs for yer life. Too early to be forced into that gamb0l.
    I might lead here too since leading won't hurt your stack if he gets aggressive..
    Lead 300 and fold to a raise. As played, seems like a pretty straightforward fold to me, is there a reason that it shouldn't be?
    Given that villian is a loose player and is probably calling preflop with a wide range...I'd bet/fold this flop

As played all you beat is a bluff and villians bet is 3x pot. I'd expect this to be a smallish pair enough times to make a call really bad
    fjuanl nailed it. As played, villain has told you you're beat for sure. Bet/fold is a good line with this flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by taipan168
    Lead 300 and fold to a raise. As played, seems like a pretty straightforward fold to me, is there a reason that it shouldn't be?
    +1

Default Re: $5 - Flop is all aces

Addressing something else entirely...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeneron
    Villian was a loose player with stats around 47/17...I was just trying to steal the blinds here, but guess I should know better than to try and steal from a loose player like this.

Preflop: Hero is SB with , .
    4 folds, Hero raises to t250, BB calls t150.
    Against this player, you are not just trying to steal. You are raising KQ for value, and you have his calling range beat.

Also, if you are looking for a fold blind vs blind, sometimes it is necessary to bet more than 2.5x. And frequently it is better to bet more anyway if you are against opponents who will frequently call and then fold on the flop.
    I run a training site...

Check out strategy videos at GrinderSchool.com, from $10 / month.
    yeah I think 3x should be your standard SB vs BB and probably 4x vs loose player