Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

PP Fish migrated to Pot limit?

Default PP Fish migrated to Pot limit?

With all of the 6 max NL tables at Party, have all of the loose passive players moved onto the relative safe waters of the Pot limit tables?

Lots of soft players hiding behind limited pre-flop raising to play all kinds of trash, then when it hits they under-bet. Seriously, a 5 way pot with a 1BB bet on the flop is a common occurance. With the multi-table rocks having pretty much taken over at the full NL games devouring any stray fish, I'm finding that Pot Limit is a pretty good game right now.

Anyone one else have any similar observations?
    Interesting observation. I think I'll check it out, Fnord. I rarely bet more than the pot anyway. Could be a good game.
    PP PL seems much less aggressive (than NL) until a player has a made hand, and you're at the turn/river which allows you to bet a decent amount.

definitely "quieter" with smaller pots.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishstick
    PP PL seems much less aggressive (than NL) until a player has a made hand, and you're at the turn/river which allows you to bet a decent amount.

definitely "quieter" with smaller pots.
    You're a bit constricted pre-flop only being able to open for $1.75, but after that it's pretty wide open. Remember, when raising the limit does not include calling the previous bet. Outside of that, I rarely find myself restricted from making the bet I would make at a NL table.

I think the attraction for the fish is they feel they can limp in with weak hands from any position and not fear someone pushing all-in behind them. Nor are you dealing with idiots throwing away their stack when you're sitting on a drawing hand. I've never felt comfortable calling that crap with Ace-strong or medium pocket pairs anyway.

Per playing the game, the lack of aggression is big time +EV. Forget implied pot odds, often they give you flat out pot odds on your draw. Then when you have a hand or feel you can push them around, show them what a real bet looks like!
    I think the fish have moved to Pot-Limit, I've been playing a lot of pot-limit ever since those 6-player tables arrived. The game does not really limit my play too much, unless I have a big hand in early position pre-flop...

What's interesting is, I'm finding that the avg. pot sizes are actually larger on these pot limit tables. Maybe cuz there are more players limping in or calling that $1.75 pre-flop bet, but I think the tables are pretty good.
    I've been playing PL exclusivly now for almost a week. I joined one by accident (which was surprising as it was the highest avg pot). When i compared it to the NL tables i noticed the NL tables were all playing very tight where the PL peeps were coming in with any junk.

Lets hope they stay there, I'm sure as soon as everyone catches on they will move somewhere else, I just hope its not limit.

Happy Hunting All.
    Poker is all about the long long long long long long long term . . .
    Barney's back . . . back again . . .
    I discovered a PL by accident too. I gave it a try and I'm staying too. No all in maniacs to drive you crazy is the best thing about it.
    Now with more Evil and a side of Hatred