Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default Feedback

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since the last Gauntlet but I'd like some feedback. Especially on these points

- games played bonus
    - number of games that should count
    - length of the season
    - prizes
    - who should be allowed to play
    - game types/formats (Hold'em, deepstack, turbo, 9max, etc)

Thanks!
    Well I really enjoyed it, and I think the format was fine. Ultimately, it's fun to play with you guys, fun to rant in the chat bar etc. I don't mind how it's set up, so long as it's fair, and it was. So, no problems here, and I really look forward to the next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    I wouldn't argue if there was one round of PLO thrown in though...
    ongies gonna ong
    I'll expand on the points you want feedback on though...

- games played bonus
    Whatever, so long as it's clear from the beginning. It's good that more people have a chance to win come final day, so this bonus is a good thing imo.

- number of games that should count
    I feel this was spot on last time around.

- length of the season
    Again, I think this was perfect.

- prizes
    Top prize was an excellent prize for no risk, and the side pools a lot of fun, so yeah, again, perfect.

- who should be allowed to play
    I agree this shouldn't be elitist, we should encourage noobs to participate. But obv we need to be careful about who's in; without mentioning names it had the potential to get messy if we hadn't sniffed out one certain multi-user. But in the internet world, it's tough to know who can be trusted to play in the right spirit and who can't be trusted. So we just have to chance it I guess.

- game types/formats (Hold'em, deepstack, turbo, 9max, etc)
    Loved the deepstack games, allows for more early play while not extending the game length all that much. As stated above, would love a game of PLO, but I get it's not everyone's thing so no biggy if it's rejected. 6max was good too, I like mixing it up.
    ongies gonna ong
    1) I don't like the games played bonus. If you must have it, at least allow for one missed game.

2) This season was fine for number of games that should count, IMO.

3) Length of season was fine I think.

4) No comment on prizes, I couldn't care less.

5) Seems like the method of choosing who should be allowed to play was fine this past season.

6) I like the stack size/blind levels we were playing at the end of the season. If there are going to be alternate games (6 max etc), they need to be scheduled in advance this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    I joined too late to play the last series so no real experience of how the games went. Looking forward to the next series playing with everyone.
    Scottish Cowboy
    Sunday is a real bad day to add more games to my schedule
    1) No games played bonus preferred - taking the top 8 results from 10 games already puts those who can't play each week at a significant disadvantage.

2, 3 & 5) Last season was perfect.

4) Really not bothered about there being any prizes other than maybe a small trophy for first. T-shirt or store credit is nice, but makes no difference to whether I'll play or not.

6) Tourney structures worked really well in the latter part of the season. Mix of 6-max and FR is good. Maybe a HU game or PLO would be good for variety - how about running these occasionally as simultaneous side games without the results counting towards the league points? Or some 2nl cash games on the side?
    The all-games-played bonus blows.