Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

100 NL, turn best full house after 2 callers

Default 100 NL, turn best full house after 2 callers

Hero has $100, others have me covered, but not by much. Have been sitting down for about an orbits worth

Villain1: 100/71 over 12 hands
    Villain 2: 100/67 over 12 hands

Dealt to hero [Ah Ad]
    2 folds
    Hero raises $2 to $3
    Villain1: calls $3
    2 folds
    Villain2 (in SB) calls $2.50
    *** FLOP *** [8d Th 8h] (pot is $9)
    Villain 2: checks
    Hero: bets $6
    Villain1: calls $6
    Villain2: calls $6
    *** TURN *** [8d Th 8h] [As] (pot is $27)
    Villain2: checks
    Hero?
    -----------

I was originally tempted to bet here in case one of my opponents has something like AT, A8, K8s, Q8s, 78s, 98s, T8s, TT. I'm a big fan of betting and raising with nut hands to build a pot and let opponents do something stupid, but if there are lots of pairs in my opponents ranges (22-99, JJ), or hands like KT, QT, JT, T9 a check here would be better, since they may call a value bet on the river , but will fold to a bet here on the turn.

I think I've decide now, however, that checking is best no matter what their ranges are, because if they do have an 8 or TT, then they are probably stacking off on the river anyway. Betting here scares away the weaker worse hands. The only possible hand worth betting into here would be someone with a T and a flush draw, right?

Comments on my thoughts, and what's the best line
    J9/JQ are always calling, Q9/ other gutshots are sometimes calling, AT/random Ax floats you lose a ton against by checking. This is a very very clear bet, checking is horrible.
    3k post - Return of the blog!