Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

View Poll Results: Do you want either of these included during the league season?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omaha

3 11.54%
  • 7 Card Stud

1 3.85%
  • Both Omaha and 7 Card Stud

7 26.92%
  • Neither. Hold'em only.

15 57.69%

Default Gauntlet Games

Do you guys want some Omaha and/or 7 Card Stud tourneys mixed in during the season? The majority will be NL Hold'em, but we were wondering if you want to mix it up a little.

If you vote yes to either, please state what format you want. For example... For Omaha, do you want Omaha or Omaha Hi/Lo, fixed limits, PL or NL? For Stud, do you want Stud or Stud Hi/Lo?
    Stud Hi and O8 hilo
    Poker is all about the long long long long long long long term . . .
    Barney's back . . . back again . . .
    There's no option for no.
    No Omaha High. Omaha Hi/Lo is fine.
    I you do mix them in, I do not think their should be any league points for them. Or make them seperate points.

I vote no, btw.
    I tend to agree with the others that would vote no. Since it was kinda agreed upon previously that it would be Holdem, its a little bit like changing the rules after the game started. But you know I ll play anything, anyone want to play high dollar "uno."
    Holy crap I cant play against Yoda!!
    I wish we could set up something more like the superstar invitational. It makes more sense to me. I also wish we could play mixed games tourneys, like HORSE. So yes, variety is good.
    Is that guy still part of the forum??
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1123
    There's no option for no.
    Oops. I've added it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasty
    Stud Hi and O8 hilo
    Actually, PokerStars only has the options that I've outlined above for private tournaments... exactly as I've outlined them.

Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo (fixed/PL/NL), Stud, Stud Hi/Lo.
    I don't know how to play those games, so no.
    There is nothing to see here, move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgolfer
    Since it was kinda agreed upon previously that it would be Holdem, its a little bit like changing the rules after the game started.
    Well, it was never stated that the league would only be Hold'em tournaments (though, it's a fair assumption). We're just throwing this out there since quite a few of you play these other games.

I can see, however, that this is going to have some mixed reactions, as not everyone plays Omaha or Stud (while everyone plays Hold'em). We're not going to do it unless a vast majority of you (out of 36 players so far) vote that you want Omaha/Stud.
    Well, this is "The No-limit Texas Hold'em Poker Strategy Guide and Poker Forum"

But I'm still for adding new games. Something to break up the monotany. I would imagine that the majority of the games will be holdem, and you can't join all the games anyway, so if you don't like the non holdem games, you can skip them and just play 12 of your choice.
    I don't know what they have to say
    It makes no difference anyway.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    That's a very good point, Toa...I mean Humphrind.

So, Xianti, if you would better define your vision (how many non-hold'em games you were planning). Because if it was like 4 or less non-hold'em games I might consider changing my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes_Gru
    So, Xianti, if you would better define your vision (how many non-hold'em games you were planning). Because if it was like 4 or less non-hold'em games I might consider changing my vote.
    Precisely. Only 4 of the season's 24 total tourneys would be Omaha/Stud if you guys want it. Not a big impact... just a little bit of variety.

Each player can only play 12 of the 24, so even if they played all 4 of the non-Hold'em games, it would still only account for 1/3 of their games.
    Maybe we can add 1 Omaha, 1 Omaha Hi Lo, 1 7CS, and 1 7CS hi lo.

That would only be 4 non holdem games. Easy to avoid if you don't want to play, but you can sign up for them if you want to. It could please everyone.

If this were the case would anyone change their vote?
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    When people are saying Hold 'em, I assume they mean NL since that is what the majority of the people here seem to play. What about limit though? Although if we did limit, I'm sure it would just end up being Fnord and I playing heads up because hardly anyone else seems to play...
    TheXianti: (Triptanes) why are you not a thinking person?
    Yeah. As far as Hold'em goes, we'll only be playing no-limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humphrind
    Maybe we can add 1 Omaha, 1 Omaha Hi Lo, 1 7CS, and 1 7CS hi lo.

That would only be 4 non holdem games. Easy to avoid if you don't want to play, but you can sign up for them if you want to. It could please everyone.

If this were the case would anyone change their vote?
    Nice concept, but somewhat flawed. Keep in mind that some people will probably only be able to play either Sat. or Wed. games, not both. That means they have to play every week at their available time to get their 12 games in. They wouldn't be able to avoid the format they dislike if they just want NLH....unless we extend the season a bit?

I'd strongly prefer NLH only, but I'll consider having a few nights of something else if people want it badly enough. I'll just have to play 2 nights a week early on before curling season starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNoChance
    I'll just have to play 2 nights a week early on before curling season starts.
    Curling? Like throwing rocks with handles down ice, and 2 guys cleaning the ice before the rock slides on it?

Hmmm, I've never known a curler before. That's interesting.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNoChance
    Keep in mind that some people will probably only be able to play either Sat. or Wed. games, not both. That means they have to play every week at their available time to get their 12 games in. They wouldn't be able to avoid the format they dislike if they just want NLH.
    Very good point, Dr. I hadn't thought of that.

I have a feeling this suggestion is going to be shot down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humphrind
    Curling? Like throwing rocks with handles down ice, and 2 guys cleaning the ice before the rock slides on it?

Hmmm, I've never known a curler before. That's interesting.
    Yup, that's the sport. I'm actually in shock that a non-Canadian actually knew what I was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes_Gru
    I you do mix them in, I do not think their should be any league points for them. Or make them seperate points.
    I basically agree with that. It seems kind of strange to have a NL holdem league, with Omaha and Stud games factoring into the standings. But, I'd have no problem with FTR setting up some Stud / Omaha games on the side.

Maybe they could be more of exhibition games, either after a Holdem game, on a different day, or in the place of one on certain nights? Also, it could be fun for people that have already played 12 league NL tournies to then be able to play in these events, since they aren't league based.

Or maybe have a seperate little standings page for the overall leaderboard of the 4 non-Holdem games, grouping them together, but leaving it seperate from Holdem.
    Alrighty. So only NLHE it shall be.

{Topic closed}