Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

10NL - rivered FH facing raise

Default 10NL - rivered FH facing raise

Second orbit at table. Villain has been raising preflop just about every other hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($3.45)
    UTG ($1.90)
    MP ($14.20)
    CO ($24.40)
    Hero (Button) ($10)
    SB ($10.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, J
    2 folds, CO bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.15) A, 3, 2 (2 players)
    CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.15) 2 (2 players)
    CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.15) 2 (2 players)
    CO checks, Hero bets $1.50, CO raises to $4.50, Hero ???

I am running bad and second-guessing everything.
    If he has 2x, then I'd hate to see what he has with it, and you need to be 3-betting a heck of allot wider than AJs, if he has 33 or AA, surely he is betting the river after we check behind on the turn. Maybe he hit his flush and doesn't think we have an A. Anyways, I can't see how you cannot call. If he shows up with a better house or quads, we say wafi, and move along.
    Grinding my way to 100NL, 1 2NL bb at a time.
    arr in widda grin
    Quote Originally Posted by trilerian
    [...] If he shows up with a better house or quads, we say wafi, and move along.
    It seems like I have been saying 'wafi' quite a bit lately. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Robb
    arr in widda grin
    And in common english...
    arr in widda grin=all in with a grin, kind fellow

would just like to say oober kudos on the PF 3b iso and think that some other BCers should take note of this situation and understand why it's good.

much more importantly, though, please good god bet the turn and set up for a river shove. also river bet sizing is pretty bad because he's going to talk himself into callling a 4.50 bet with a flush enough to make it vastly superior to getting your 1.50 bet twice as often or soemthing.

as played, i'm ok with either a river call or a river shove. he's at least CAPABLE of folding a flush here (i mean, he probably at least knows the rules of poker), and i think shoving is just going to lead to a split so often that the amount of rake you're adding by shoving isn't even a rounding error. there's no reason to believe he doesn't have AA, 33 or some random two's here, so you're value owning yourself every once in a while by re raising, so i prolly flat, but it's so close that i don't think it's worth bickering over.
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316
    much more importantly, though, please good god bet the turn and set up for a river shove.
    Is stacking off with TPGK standard in a 3-bet pot?
    don't think of things in terms of whether or not they are standard. think of it in terms of he's a terrible, clueless, station: is he folding A8s to a turn PSB? no. is he folding A8s to a shove on a non-heart river? no. so why not go ahead and get value from all those plethora of worst hands that he's gonna stack off with
    Quote Originally Posted by miracleriver
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316
    much more importantly, though, please good god bet the turn and set up for a river shove.
    Is stacking off with TPGK standard in a 3-bet pot?
    If you were in IRC, I would kick you repeatedly from the channel at random intervals over the next few weeks reminding you to put your opponents on ranges.
    This is a hrds decision but I wiuld of folded ....
    For EVERY LOOSER there MUST be A WINNER which one ARE YOU ?
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    r you fckn serious???
    Villain raised and then called 3bet with 2x???is that all he has? No other possibilities?
    well its possible he hit a flush..or as others stated maybe 2x....or even Ax and you guys would split the pot.
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    Quote Originally Posted by KingIv3rson
    well its possible he hit a flush..or as others stated maybe 2x....or even Ax and you guys would split the pot.
    Why are we woried about his flush? look at the HH, we haz full house......come on guys........you arent folding here serious? u all levelling?
    wat

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

140 games 0.005 secs 28,000 games/sec

Board: Ah 3h 2c 2s 2h
    Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 66.429% 36.43% 30.00% 51 42.00 { AdJd }
    Hand 1: 33.571% 03.57% 30.00% 5 42.00 { JJ-33, A2s+, KhQh, KhJh, KhTh, QhJh, QhTh, JhTh, A2o+ }

I make his range so wide because your percieved range is really weak here. You checked the turn and gaybet the river. You could include some other 2x hands in there I guess, but then he'd have to be even more terrible than you make him out to be.

If you bet the turn and he shoved the river, then you'd have a more interesting spot, maybe. It would probably still be a call and split pot though. Look at the range, even this wide (and with a turn bet and river shove it wouldn't be this wide and more heavily weighted towards a split) you're splitting 30%.

If anyone folds this they has problems. Seems really obvious to me, but hey, I've been away from poker for a few months, so maybe shit has changed, yo.
    Just to stress this again: the river bet size is pretty bad. It's 10NL and he's a spewy moron that can't fold - value, value, value.