Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

Flopped nutsx3

Default Flopped nutsx3

So how do you all get value

Villain 1 is a tighter taggfishy guy who is raising for value here (not necessarily continuing) 95% of the time

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($1056.50)
    BB ($1538)
    UTG ($2572)
    UTG+1 ($1070)
    MP1 ($1001)
    MP2 ($1045)
    CO ($1486.50)
    Hero (Button) ($1000)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, 6
    4 folds, CO bets $20, Hero calls $20, 1 fold, BB calls $10

Flop: ($65) J, 3, Q (3 players)
    BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $40, BB raises to $100, 1 fold, Hero

Villain is sobraoboy, a terrible tightish reg who raises in weird spots like this with any FD, the nuts, TTish hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($2253.25)
    SB ($1267.50)
    BB ($1025)
    UTG ($1732.50)
    UTG+1 ($1078.50)
    MP1 ($1401)
    MP2 ($2647.50)
    Hero (MP3) ($1000)
    CO ($1079)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, 9
    3 folds, MP2 calls $10, Hero bets $40, 1 fold, Button calls $40, 2 folds, MP2 calls $30

Flop: ($135) 7, 9, 7 (3 players)
    MP2 checks, Hero bets $80, Button raises to $180, 1 fold, Hero

Villain is an OK reg who berates me a lot for being a nit. He 3bets pre IP wide vs me.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($1238)
    UTG ($1077)
    UTG+1 ($1728)
    MP1 ($2662)
    MP2 ($1000)
    Hero (MP3) ($2007)
    CO ($2472.50)
    Button ($565.15)
    SB ($1887.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 9
    4 folds, Hero bets $30, CO raises to $110, 3 folds, Hero calls $80

Flop: ($235) 10, 7, 9 (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($235) 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($235) 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, CO bets $155, Hero raises to $620,
    i'm prety drunk fwiw but

1) 3 bet

2) flat

3) just bet turn and river imo
    3)
    hand 1 i like a call cos you then look a whole lot like a flush draw/tptk type of hand and it means you've got a good chance for stacks assuming non-club turns (about 80% of the time). guess you could min-3b, but i don't like it.

hand 2 3-bet cos so many turns mess with your action. Sizing is interesting and I like $320.

hand 3 you guys are hella deep and i think you should donk turn cos having it check through again is a disaster. It looks like a stab after the flop check through, which is obviously a bonus.
    Last edited by daven; 05-09-2010 at 05:22 AM.
    1) you either slowplay all the way to the river or 3bet the flop. Don't to call flop, raise turn bullshit. I lean towards 3betting the flop.

2) Easiest flat ever

3) Well i'm thinking about whether you should lead flop or not and i can't decide. After that i think checking the turn like you did is far superior to leading. I'd want to lead this river though...
    1 - 3bet flop. If he's got a K-high flush or a set it's probably going in. Don't think he's gonna put in anymore $ with TT.

2 - I don't get the c/r from villain on this board but w/e. He limped pre, so unless he's getting cute with a big pair, he's got 66 and wants you to lay down your missed overs. Call and hope he donks the turn. I'd ROTFL if he flipped nines.

3 - Lead the turn for ~1/2 pot imo. If he checked back the river I'd shoot myself. Did he call river?
    seems good regs disagree with my thoughts, particularly on the first two hands. so, in the interest of getting better at poker:

hand 1 - question re the 3-bet. Is this because villain's range is sets/flushes/combo draws that are unlikely to fold, and this is what our range also looks like -> 3bet is gonna get most of villain's range to commit on the flop and cos there are so many turns that make both players uncomfortable?

hand 2 - flat cos of zebo?
    daven hand one what do we do/ what does villain think we do with AcAx/AcQx here? If villain thinks for anyreason that we'd 3bet these hands then 3bet away

2 flat cos his range is wide and if we 3 bet our value range is miniscule and our bvluff range is non existant
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    seems good regs disagree with my thoughts, particularly on the first two hands. so, in the interest of getting better at poker:

hand 1 - question re the 3-bet. Is this because villain's range is sets/flushes/combo draws that are unlikely to fold, and this is what our range also looks like -> 3bet is gonna get most of villain's range to commit on the flop and cos there are so many turns that make both players uncomfortable?

yes, I also think there's like no chance he's bluffing and 3betting just seems like the best way to get the most money.

hand 2 - flat cos of zebo?
    Flat because there's a decent chance he's bluffing or semi bluffing, you can't really get drawn out on and you want to let him continue to bluff. If the turns a blank you get it in against trips anyway and if its a heart you may lose value against trips but you gain ridiculous value against a fd or bluff.
    ^^^
    hand 1 I 3bet to like $220 and he shoved with a flush drawing dead
    hand 2 I 3bet and he folded quickly. I still think it might be the best play against him
    hand 3 he snapped with AA