Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

2NL:Sitting on SB w/QQ, 15/12 reg on BTN raises 2.5x, 3bet or call?

Default 2NL:Sitting on SB w/QQ, 15/12 reg on BTN raises 2.5x, 3bet or call?

I'm sitting on SB. Folded around, reg on BTN with 15/12 VPIP/PFR (ABC player according to Holdem Manager 2) raises 2.5x , effective stack is 125BB. Would you call or would you 3-bet?

Villain stats:

Hands sample: 1.7k
    VPIP/PFR: 15/12
    3bet: 4,6%
    fold to 3bet: 73%
    4bet: 4,5%

Flop c-bet: 69%
    Flop fold to c-bet: 43%
    Turn c-bet: 65%
    Turn fold to c-bet: 60%

PFR on BTN: 21%

What do you guys think is the optimal play here?

Do you call and try to get as much money in as possible, especially if there are no overcards?

Assuming you call, when do you fold postflop if he continues with the aggression?

What do you think is his actual range for raising the button when it's folded around to him?
    yo man, don't take offense to this pls. i really wanna hrlp you with your game..

what poker site ae you playing on?

please convert your hands using our converter or the one built in or your poker tracker , or HEM2.

reason being is is that a lot of the guys who give advice on here are poker whiz's who are very busy.. just getting their advice is a blesing trust me i know, whn they see a post like yours not converted at all a lot of them are going to zoo, right past it.

so again what site our you on and please convert the hand you posted again, but using the converter
    "We're all just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust...."AF
    A 15/12 is going to be playing ~30% of hands (at least) when it's folded to him on the BTN (assuming FR - it will be lower if 6-max).

his fold to 3-bet is 73%, so he continues with ~27% of the original 30%. That's close to 9% of hands.
    his 4-bet is 4.5% of the original 30%. That's close to 1.3% of hands, and basically QQ+.

So you're way ahead of his opening range. You're way ahead of his calling range. You're way behind his 4-betting range.

3-bet/fold is the play PRE.

Calling with QQ is burning money unless you have a specific read on a specific villain that dictates such a play.