Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Two hands from today - 10NL

Default Two hands from today - 10NL

Villain is 47/14/3. I wanted to push over the flop, but thought he might have A7 or A6 judging by his min raise on the flop. I had no specific reads on him though. Is the turn check correct? I bet the river for value, I thought if he did have 2pair he'd have bet the turn - I bet $4.10 because thats all he had left, and if I bet like $3 id have had to call a shove:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Button ($6.30)
    SB ($13.45)
    BB ($10.90)
    Hero ($18.80)
    MP ($8.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with , .
    Hero raises to $0.4, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) , , (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.9, Button raises to $1.8, Hero calls $0.90.

Turn: ($4.55) (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($4.55) (2 players)
    Hero bets $4.1, Button calls $4.10 (All-In).

Final Pot: $8.65

Hand 2 - No stats on villain, hes only been at the table for 3 or 4 hands. My plan was to check/fold the turn because of his call on the flop, is this standard? When he checks behind I have no idea what he has as I cant see a draw he'd be looking for. Should I just check/fold river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Hero ($15)
    BB ($13.65)
    UTG ($4.65)
    MP ($9.80)
    CO ($5.55)
    Button ($9.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with , .
    UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.5, BB calls $0.40, UTG folds.

Flop: ($1.10) , , (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.8, BB calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.70) (2 players)
    Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($2.70) (2 players)
    Hero bets $1.75, BB raises to $8.4, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.20
    The guys that are good at this will probably be around shortly to discuss this. When I use to play 10NL I realized very quickly that top pair strong quicker is almost the nuts. Being that he is a short stack and is playing so passive, I probably just shove flop.

Second hand your a little deeper and really dont know how he plays. Personally Im probably betting pot on turn and depending on reads folding to a raise. As played Im probably wrong, but I fold to the huge river reraise. I also would have bet full pot on flop if not even a little more than that.
    1) just shove over his flop minraise. hes a short stack at 10nl. he shows up with any ace here.

2)bet/fold means that you have to bet the turn and fold to a raise, not check. as played i think its fine.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    1) Way too weak! We have tp 2nd kicker against a shortstack. At any stakes this is a felt. Out of position I would 3 bet this flop for sure. I think line is a preference here as long as you get it all in by the turn.

2) I think its fine as played as long as you folded the river.
    I meant check/fold turn, post edited.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasons0147
    The guys that are good at this will probably be around shortly to discuss this. When I use to play 10NL I realized very quickly that top pair strong quicker is almost the nuts. Being that he is a short stack and is playing so passive, I probably just shove flop.

Second hand your a little deeper and really dont know how he plays. Personally Im probably betting pot on turn and depending on reads folding to a raise. As played Im probably wrong, but I fold to the huge river reraise. I also would have bet full pot on flop if not even a little more than that.
    [x] top pair strong quicker
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    Bode, did I word that wrong? I usally dont give advice because Im still grinding and learning 25NL, but Im starting to recognize certain spots a little more recently.
    LOL
    My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.
    1) im shoving over here every day of the week and twice on sunday

2)i prolly c/c a small bet on river but i expect to see an A a lot there.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.