Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

College Football Thread 11/03

Default College Football Thread 11/03

Kansas 76, Nebraska 39. Wow. The Jayhawk defense didn't look as sharp as normal today, and I know Nebraska's defense has been terrible all year, but are you kidding me? Seventy-six points on Nebraska? It was like a track meet from the get-go. Usually everyone is getting pumped for the basketball season, but there's not been much talk at all about it with the football team playing so well. With Oklahoma State and Iowa State coming up, it looks like the Jayhawks might be 11-0 when they play Missouri (in Kansas City). Crazy.

Oklahoma State might be a tough test as they're looking pretty good against Texas right now, up 21-0. We'll see.

In other games.....Ohio State rolled in their game today, Arizona vs. Oregon tonight, LSU vs. Alabama, and Boston College plays a fast Florida State team tonight that could give them lots of trouble...

A&M vs. OU

why the hell are we only 21 pt dogs? I'd snatch OU giving 3 touches b/c Fran talked shit about OU's QB troubles in the off-season and Stooooops loves running up the score.

Side note: worst part about watching an OU game, hearing the fucking band play "boomer sooner" every fucking down.
    why wasnt the #1 team in america, who was playing a ranked conference opponent, on TV?
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    lol at Oklahoma State. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bode
    why wasnt the #1 team in america, who was playing a ranked conference opponent, on TV?
    It's kind of complicated but the cliffs notes are that the Big 10 is greedy and stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcatdog
    It's kind of complicated but the cliffs notes are that the Big 10 is greedy and stupid.
    meh, purdue vs penn st. was on at the same time as were 2 other shitty big 10 teams that i cant remembet at teh minute.
    You don't understand -- the networks would've rather shown the Ohio State game than those other shitty games, but a TV agreement required them to put the Ohio State game on Big 10 Network and the networks had to take their pick from the other shitty games.

Big 10 Network isn't on cable because the Big 10 in their greed asked for an outrageously high price from the cable companies who told the Big 10 to get lost.
    Wow, Oklahoma State loses 38-35 after being up 21-0.

Missouri hangs 55 on Colorado. I didn't see the game but that's pretty damn impressive, whipping them 55-10.

Kansas vs. Missouri for the Big XII North title, in Kansas City, is going to be awesome.

Big Ten Network FTW

I mean seriously the Big Ten moved a shitload of Football games to the Big Ten network which I can't speak for the other states, but NO CABLE COMPANY IN MICHIGAN EVEN OFFERS A PACKAGE WITH THE BIG TEN NETWORK. In order to get it, you have to have a dish. I've been able to watch like 4 michigan games this year, it's total bullshit.
    UCONN

stamps feet

UCONN

stamps feet

UUUUUUUUUCONN
    LOL OPERATIONS
    You don't understand -- the networks would've rather shown the Ohio State game than those other shitty games, but a TV agreement required them to put the Ohio State game on Big 10 Network and the networks had to take their pick from the other shitty games.

Big 10 Network isn't on cable because the Big 10 in their greed asked for an outrageously high price from the cable companies who told the Big 10 to get lost.
    oh yeah, forgot about that because I CANT GET IT!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate George
    Wow, Oklahoma State loses 38-35 after being up 21-0.
    Oh. It's worse than that. They were up by 21 into the 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBobAA
    Big Ten Network FTW

I mean seriously the Big Ten moved a shitload of Football games to the Big Ten network which I can't speak for the other states, but NO CABLE COMPANY IN MICHIGAN EVEN OFFERS A PACKAGE WITH THE BIG TEN NETWORK. In order to get it, you have to have a dish. I've been able to watch like 4 michigan games this year, it's total bullshit.
    i think i'm just going to stop watching big 10 football while this bs goes on
    I don't understand why we can't just order TV programming on a per-channel basis. I would be willing to pay a lot of money even if the only channels I got were the OTA networks, FoxSports, ESPN and ESPN2, Sunday Ticket, and NBA League Pass. If Big 10 Network were available I'd get that too. But instead I have to pay for all this other crap that I NEVER watch.

It's ridiculous that I, along with tens of millions of Americans, live in apartments where we can't get satellite service so Sunday Ticket, Big 10 Network and other programs are unavailable. I think the way TV programming is set up in this country is flagrant monopoly practice and it needs to be blown up.
    I don't understand why we can't just order TV programming on a per-channel basis. I would be willing to pay a lot of money even if the only channels I got were the OTA networks, FoxSports, ESPN and ESPN2, Sunday Ticket, and NBA League Pass. If Big 10 Network were available I'd get that too. But instead I have to pay for all this other crap that I NEVER watch.

It's ridiculous that I, along with tens of millions of Americans, live in apartments where we can't get satellite service so Sunday Ticket, Big 10 Network and other programs are unavailable. I think the way TV programming is set up in this country is flagrant monopoly practice and it needs to be blown up.
    Hah. You should read the TMQ columns.
    GO DAWGS!