Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

3 handed question

Default 3 handed question

I ran into an interesting spot tonight.

Whenever I was on the BB, the Button was really aggressive, playing 40% of his hands and raising about 35% of them... which seems par for the course 3-handed.

The odd part, was his raises were all minraises...

The question is: If he minraises... and the SB folds. As long as I'm mostly sure that he's only got overs, I'm correct to call any 2 cards here... right?

What about in a 1 table SnG environment?
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes

Default Re: 3 handed question

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar4
    . As long as I'm mostly sure that he's only got overs,
    wat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar4
    I'm correct to call any 2 cards here... right?
    Well you're getting direct pot odds but (and it's a big but) you have to remember that you're going to be OOP and without the initiative on the flop.
    good point about being OOP.
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes