Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

When a table breaks down

Default When a table breaks down

What do you guys do when a table starts to break down, into 4 or 3 players, or even into HU. I stay at the table all the way down to 1v1. I think fewer players makes it easier. By the time its only me and 1 or 2 other people, I find it really easy to read them, and spot their weaknesses.

Do you guys leave the table when it breaks down to 2 or 3 players? I'd imagine for those of you playing 4 or more tables at once, it might be difficult to have one table with 6 players, and one HU, as the pace increases dramatically, and you'd need to adjust your play between each table.

Thoughts?
    PSU Class of 2011 weeeeeeee!
    If my opponents are very weak, and I feel that I have a very large edge, I'll stay. The tables tend to fill back up quick anyway. Generally though, I get the exact problem you mentioned -- a few 6max tables and a HU or 3 way table can be a bit tough to deal with.
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Directions to join the #flopturnriver Internet Relay Chat - Come chat with us!
    I've been wondering how to handle this as well. I don't think I play very well 3-handed or heads up (something I obviously need to put some time into), but if a table stays that way for more than 4-5 minutes I'll leave. Gives it a little time to fill back up.

Default Re: When a table breaks down

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    I stay at the table all the way down to 1v1. I think fewer players makes it easier. By the time its only me and 1 or 2 other people, I find it really easy to read them, and spot their weaknesses.
    Em, why not just try 6 max tables for a bit; sounds like you'd enjoy them? And I will stay at a breaking up table if the fishies are left, but I'm not sitting there trading the big blind with 1 or 2 rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasider
    I stay at the table all the way down to 1v1. I think fewer players makes it easier. By the time its only me and 1 or 2 other people, I find it really easy to read them, and spot their weaknesses.
    Em, why not just try 6 max tables for a bit; sounds like you'd enjoy them? And I will stay at a breaking up table if the fishies are left, but I'm not sitting there trading the big blind with 1 or 2 rocks.
    We're talking about 6 max tables, this is the short-handed LHE forum.
    The number one reason a table breaks down is that the live one leaves. There is no reason to stay at a table where this occurs.

There are of course the rare exceptions where everyone leaves EXCEPT the live one. This is a beautiful thing, but be careful because as we lose players his "bad play" can become much more close to correct.
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Directions to join the #flopturnriver Internet Relay Chat - Come chat with us!

What do you guys do when a table starts to break down, into 4 or 3 players, or even into HU. I stay at the table all the way down to 1v1. I think fewer players makes it easier. By the time its only me and 1 or 2 other people, I find it really easy to read them, and spot their weaknesses.

Do you guys leave the table when it breaks down to 2 or 3 players? I'd imagine for those of you playing 4 or more tables at once, it might be difficult to have one table with 6 players, and one HU, as the pace increases dramatically, and you'd need to adjust your play between each table.

Thoughts?
    i don't mind playing 3-4 handed i somtimes play HU depending on the other guy left there... i used to play 1/2 HU on PR network for a week or so everyday so aganst the avg joe smoe i think i have a edge over someone that has never really played HU ring over an extended time period...

though playing HU or 3 handed will jack your swings sky high...
    “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” ~ James Dean ~

"Poker is a lot like sex, peoples perceived ability usually blinds the truth" ~ me ~

"God bless him. Got to bet big to win big! GAMB00L!!!" ~ Fnord
    You still working on making a 6-max video Pokerfanatic?
    PSU Class of 2011 weeeeeeee!
    If you can get a good read on a player HU, you can kill them. I once played about 80 hands against a guy who folded over half the time to a preflop raise, folded to any bet post flop with no pair and without 2 overs, always called with any pair, and never bet or raised without top pair. It was like he showed me his cards every hand. But if you can't get a good read, and your opponent isn't a total donk, HU is very high variance.
    You still working on making a 6-max video Pokerfanatic?
    I'm waiting on Xainti to hook up a steaming vedio to FTR and i'll link it over once they are done it's out of my hands now...

it is just short of a 20min vedio at 3/6 SH...
    “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” ~ James Dean ~

"Poker is a lot like sex, peoples perceived ability usually blinds the truth" ~ me ~

"God bless him. Got to bet big to win big! GAMB00L!!!" ~ Fnord