Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

newbie to poker

Default newbie to poker

Hello everyone... I am newbie to learn poker. I am too much interested to play this and win a lot by applying proper strategy. I'm looking for some more poker training software to train me. So far I use table ninja, note caddy and I recently got leak buster which I'm really enjoying. Is there any other software to train me well? Thanks all..
    table ninja isn't really going to benefit a poker noob , its designed to help playing more tables easier, as a noob you should be concentrating on how to play fewer tables better, watching how villains play, what lines they take etc. To a certain extent same applies to notecaddy , its going to give you lots of information which probably won't help you if you don't understand how to apply it. The best way to learn is to post hands where you were unsure what to do and get advice .then you will learn the strategies that other people are using and how people are thinking about the situation.
    Ya don't get bogged down with all the software. they only help your game when you know what to do with the information. Learning the game will be the single biggest thing you can do to improve your winrate and move up stakes.
    The advice you have been given so far is very accurate. You have definitely made the right decision in joining this forum. You have the ability to post hands here and get advice from winning players and you will see a noticeable change in your play and profits if you start applying strategy advice and tips from profitable members. The advantage of being a member of this forum is that you have poker coaches at your disposal when if you paid for one person for their advice and strategy tips, it would cost you around $50 an hour. Once you obtain the royal flush status here, I will assume you will be a winning player. Wish ya the best of luck.
    Thanks all...! for your great suggestions. Really i am getting well with leak buster. So far at now my trainer is John A. He is an amazing trainer. I am getting so much tips from him also. I wish also i can win more and more soon.

Default Beginner in Playing Poker

Hi, I can also relate to this post of galendencklau, I 'm also one the beginners here and gladly appreciate your advice that you have posted in here guys. I guess, you are right that strategy tips will be an edge in playing poker