Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Top set on 3-flush flop vs. limper

Default Top set on 3-flush flop vs. limper

Wasn't at all sure what the right move was on the flop. Vs. a limp caller if I go ahead and shove, what worse hands are going to call me? Maybe a bare A or some random 2 pair. On the other hand if I play slowly and another club comes, I'm hating life.

Merge - $.50+$0.10|<> NL - Holdem - 9 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: 1,350.00
    BTN: 1,800.00
    SB: 2,000.00
    Hero (BB): 1,495.00
    UTG: 1,235.00
    UTG+1: 1,405.00
    MP: 1,610.00
    MP+1: 1,350.00
    LP: 2,755.00

SB posts SB 15.00, Hero posts BB 30.00

Pre Flop: (45.00) Hero has K K

UTG calls 30.00, fold, fold, fold, LP calls 30.00, CO calls 30.00, BTN calls 30.00, SB calls 15.00, Hero raises to 300.00, fold, fold, CO calls 270.00, fold, SB calls 270.00

Flop: (990.00, 3 players) 5 3 K
    SB checks, Hero ?
    - ManicLombax
    Just jam or bet/bet. Worst case you have boat outs but you are usually ahead, you get called by AcXx, any pair with a decent club draw, random top pair kings (granted we block these).
    I bet like half my stack here and never fold. Otherwise, what dneureiter said.
    Thanks guys. Yeah folding was not on my list of things to do ever. Just wondering if you usually bet half pot, shove to protect against lone clubs, or perhaps check behind since there are so few hands that can call at this point. I shoved, but I'm thinking bet smaller was probably better.

Haven't played much the last 3 months or so, so I'm a bit rusty.
    - ManicLombax
    You want to bet to make him pay if he has a draw. Allowing him to draw for free is bad regardless of how many hands he might have he can call with. On that board it's also unlikely any card is going to make him more happy with his hand unless he catches the 4th card he needs for a flush.

Bet smaller for sure. If you shove, you probably fold out most draws and win 1000 chips. If you bet smaller you allow club draws to make a mistake and call or shove. Against a hand like Ac3x, you have 70% equity. The only hand we would really want to fold is an unlikely combo draw, but the money is going in whatever you do.
    Against 2 opponents I think shoving is fine, you are getting called by Ax regardless of bet size

I wouldn't fold in this situation, betting small would be a smart move here.
    http://bit.ly/PriscillaPlaysPoker --> www.gameon247.com
    bet for value every street.
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper99 View Post
    bet for value every street.
    ^^Pretty much this.

$500 - 600 on the flop

shove the turn on any non club.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    I'm inclined to do the same, try and extract some value from a bare Ac, people will chase the flush all day long, and if the 4th club hits, lolinternetpokers and fold!!

this actually happened to me in a home game a couple of nights ago, I had QQ, board came Qxx all diamonds, and ended up folding on the flop cause I got a tell of my friend that he had monstered the flop, sure enough, he shew the K high flush!