Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

greatest ad campaign evarr!?

Default greatest ad campaign evarr!?

post your fav commercial or and entire ad campaign.

my vote is for geico's caveman ads, some of thier more recent gecko ones have been good too, but the cave man ones take the cake.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zZrjr4A-ASQ
    Last edited by a500lbgorilla; 03-17-2010 at 08:12 PM.
    a recent one cant be the best evarr, it seems like there would be at least one better one sometime
    <----- Huge fan of the Quizno's singing gerbils. "For things to eat or oil changes!!"

Also Shatner's priceline stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    a recent one cant be the best evarr, it seems like there would be at least one better one sometime
    man.. dont spoil the fun. I just saw the commercial and thought it would be a fun thread. Go ahead and post whatever you think is the best, or good or whatever, but dont be a negative nancy. No one likes a negative nancy.
    You-- yes, you-- you're a cunt.
    "1 + 1 = 2" is a pretty good add campaign.
    is it ad? why do you all have to be smart asses, you know what I meant, youre just all out to ruin my otherwise great thread!

btw, thank you lefou, I really like the shatner priceline commercials too, the one where they give him the news that spock will be replacing him is great.
    My favorite commercial is definitely a Miller Lite ad from about 10 or 15 years ago where Bob Uecker and Randy White (sports personalities from the 80's) were bass fashing and White said something like, "Hey fish, get in the boat, NOW!" hundreds of fish jumped out of the water and landed in the boat. Then he was like "Fishing ain't so tough. Hey you, you're too small, get back in the water" and a little fish jumped back in.

I can't find a video of it unfortunately. I found another one from the same ad campaign but this one isn't that funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9GXerZ0i1BQ
    oh another good one are the new man law commericals, I think its for miller light, but Im not sure.

its funny watching that commercial, the case of beer is on one of those cardboard pallets that they only sell store brand soda on now.

haha yah thats prob the best man law, the beer overflow one is good too.
    no love for the Budget Rent-a-Car ad? one of my all-time favorites.

P.S. You never got very far in the spelling bee, did you?

George, that website that you found is awesome. Why did I never see this ad when it was on TV?!

http://veryfunnyads.com/index.html?id=24864
    Easily the coolest commercial I have seen in a long ass time: http://youtube.com/watch?v=R_C_WhCPNtE

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    haha yah that one is great, but it was for another brand in the US? I guess this is thier sister brand for the euro market?
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos
    Easily the coolest commercial I have seen in a long ass time: http://youtube.com/watch?v=R_C_WhCPNtE
    Need the US version. It says something about "stunt double city" or something.

You guys are all disappointing me. ESPN's commercials are better than any other. Anyone see the recent one of Chad Johnson consulting the ESPN guys for endzone dances "can i get smoke?" LOL
    LOL OPERATIONS
    AAAAaaaahhhhhhhhhheeewwwwwwwwwwwwww..... Potty Pokah................
    TheXianti: (Triptanes) why are you not a thinking person?
    $1,500 for a leather bustier? But it lifts and separates!
    -- Citibank Identity theft commercials rock.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zIcsFKEGoFw

Gotta go old school for the second:
    Where's the beef?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0
    Playing live . . . thanks alot Bin Laden.
    i love the ESPN commercial with the Croc Hunter and the Gator Mascot ...that shit is hilarious ....
    I think the y2k espn commercial is one of the greatest of all times.

Edit: I found it

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40817343120461
    LOL OPERATIONS
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred
    Anchor competition (this one is great)
    ... did you even read the title?
    No one likes the 'Milwaukee's Best' ESPN (usually during poker shows anyway) commercials? Granted, they are getting a little tired, but the initial run I though was pretty damn funny!

I think my favorite one to date is the trampline one...
    Shemales like this one.

http://veryfunnyads.com/ads/24965.html
    Quote Originally Posted by boostNslide
    what
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by boostNslide
    what

swooosh right over your head...

anyways, chard, that one is hilarious..
    nike swoosh isn't really a campaign sorry, did you read the title?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Oklahoma, at some point in the next 15 yrs... Apparently
    i enjoyed the NHL.com commercials from several years ago:
    Paul Kariya in the diner, flicking peas with a knife...
    Keith Tchacuk assisting the woman who locked her keys in the car...

Also liked the ads showing the retired goaltenders lamenting the end of their careers while in full gear at the counter of the burger joint and such...
    Someone would come up the them and say 'Hey, didn't you used to play for so-ad-so team'. At which point the 'tender would go off on a tirade...
    One had a ex-goaltender in a sandwich board, complaining about Sergei Fedorov and his 'fancy white Nike skates'.

Anyone remember these ones?

Of the current ads, I like the career builder ones with the line 'tired of working with a bunch of monkeys?'. It has the chimps with the laser pens...
    I usually gotta rewind that one a few times till I stop laughing at it, or untill whoever is in the room with me gets annoyed. Whichever comes first.
    (Then I'll play it once more anyway.)
    Of course I have bad days...
    Sometimes I'll go a whole day without quads.
    hahah yah I like those career builder ones.
    The mention of Nike made me think of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NseKug63naM

I always thought it was just amazing, but if you never saw Jordan in his hay day it probably isn't quite as cool.

I also love the Touareg commercial w/ the Richard Buckner's song Ariel Ramirez playing the background. But after a quick search I can't find it anywhere...

In terms of funny, I believe ESPN wins the prize... a personal favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1qEBvPmI1s

The Southwest Airlines "It must be Football Season" ads are pretty decent, with the funniest by far being the one in the supermarket, where the checker says "I'm open".. and the shopper picks a pineapple out of his cart and just drills the guy with it. It cracks me up everytime.

I absolutely despised The Quiznos Subs commercials w/ the singing mice, the first dozen times they saw them. But to this day, I can't hear someone mention Quiznos and not think... "THEY GOT A PEPPER BAR!!!".
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    The 'real men of genius' and 'men of the square table' ones always make me laugh.

By the way boost, the word you are looking for is 'ad' you &$#*#*)$#&ing @$&#*&)%*#@&!!!
    Peter Kay's John Smith adverts are the best ever.. here's a compilation of all of them (all of which are now banned in the UK :P).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vcwe8W4qUc8
    NSFW
    *Not even a little bit

WARNING NSFW

Independence
    The artist formerly known as Knish
    Only mediocre players are always at their best.
    Phil Ivey Owns You
    anyone remember that poker site that ran the strip poker interactive online ad? But when you win you find out shes packing... that was pretty funny/disturbing.

Default Miller Lite commercial

Quote Originally Posted by mcatdog View Post
    My favorite commercial is definitely a Miller Lite ad from about 10 or 15 years ago where Bob Uecker and Randy White (sports personalities from the 80's) were bass fashing and White said something like, "Hey fish, get in the boat, NOW!" hundreds of fish jumped out of the water and landed in the boat. Then he was like "Fishing ain't so tough. Hey you, you're too small, get back in the water" and a little fish jumped back in.

I can't find a video of it unfortunately. I found another one from the same ad campaign but this one isn't that funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9GXerZ0i1BQ

I know the one you're talking about. It was back in the 70s. It was Dick Butkus, Ted Hendricks and Bubba Smith. Bubba is driving the boat. Ted comes out of the cabin and asks Dick if he wants a beer and asks "How's the fishing going?". Dick says "It's EASY!" and then "ALL YOU FISH...GET IN THE BOAT!" and the water starts splashing as fish jump from every direction into the boat. There's a commentary about MILLER LITE and when it comes back, Ted is talking to Dick and says " Hey Dick! Isn't that one a bit too small?" and Dick says "HEY YOU....SMALL FRY....GET OUTTA HERE!" and the fish POPS back into the water!!

Funniest commercial I ever saw!!!
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    FWIW, I almost stole your thunder, boog, but then I decided to let you have it.
    YouTube - FUNNY TOYOTA COMMERCIAL WICH WAS BANNED.

they should play this one again...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by triumphant cracker View Post
    YouTube - FUNNY TOYOTA COMMERCIAL WICH WAS BANNED.

they should play this one again...lol
    Out of curiosity, am I the only person in the world who doesn't find shit like that remotely funny? Like everybody seems to find "America's Funniest Home Videos", which is essentially just people jacking themselves up, hilarious and it doesn't do anything for me at all. I feel like Bart in the episode of The Simpsons where he sells his soul and doesn't have a sense of humour any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    Out of curiosity, am I the only person in the world who doesn't find shit like that remotely funny? Like everybody seems to find "America's Funniest Home Videos", which is essentially just people jacking themselves up, hilarious and it doesn't do anything for me at all. I feel like Bart in the episode of The Simpsons where he sells his soul and doesn't have a sense of humour any more.

I still get a little chuckle out of some of this stuff, but I agree, more nuanced humor is better at making me laugh.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    This one always made me lol pretty hard.

YouTube - budweiser wassup commercial
    Quote Originally Posted by dranger7070 View Post
    This one always made me lol pretty hard.

YouTube - budweiser wassup commercial
    Dranger was obviously high...being that this wasn't funny :P
    I was like 11 when it came out.

And yea, I was high when I googled it lol.
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    so funny i had to show my mom each one, axe then specs
    she thought it was retarded
    i'm such a mommas boy