Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Aces vs. flop minraise

Default Aces vs. flop minraise

Villain is 28/11/5 over 65 hands. I'm running taggish.

I was of two minds about this. I felt like I was way ahead probably, and the guy was either testing out his middle pair on a very dry flop, or preparing to run a multi-street semibluff with a flush draw. If it was scenario one it would be best to flat the flop and let him hang himself. If it was scenario two it would be better to pump it up a bit and let him decide whether or not to make a mistake chasing it.

So - do you always go with the reraise here, or should I risk giving one free card and go for a turn check-raise (I would guess he's 95% likely to bet the turn if I flat and then check to him)?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP ($28.85)
    CO ($31.65)
    Button ($54.25)
    SB ($29.55)
    BB ($9.65)
    Hero ($34.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with :As:, :Ac:.
    Hero raises to $1, MP calls $1, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) , :Qs:, (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $2.25, MP raises to $4.5, BB folds, Hero raises to $11.00...
    mix your play up obv, but this is my default with a likely FD on the board. At low stakes the flop minraise is a FD sooooo often because they are just trying to buy control of the hand cheap, and while villain will likely bet on the turn when checked too, hes probly one that will bet like 1/4 pot so you have to overshove to crai. i think you played it fine, but definitly mix it up by calling maybe 10% of the time here and check/jam the turn.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.