Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

couple hands from tonight.

Default couple hands from tonight.

villain here is a 22/16/3 ish, name is tamaso_13 if it rings a bell for any 200nl+ regs. imo he is kind of a donkey, but i could be wrong cause i havent played that much with him. i wanted to go for some yeti theorem and try to induce a 4 bet shove. also i dont really mind just taking it down because board is drawy. good/bad/okay?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($211.70)
    BB ($244.60)
    UTG ($109.60)
    MP ($203.40)
    Hero ($201.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, Q.
    2 folds, Hero raises to $7, 1 fold, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($15) J, J, 9 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $11, BB raises to $31, Hero raises to $82

this is just a general question about raise sizing. i didnt really know what to make it, just wanted to make it big. the guy who led is a fish.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Hero ($197)
    Button ($209.70)
    SB ($551.40)
    BB ($200)
    UTG ($58)

Preflop: Hero is MP with , .
    UTG calls $2, Hero raises to $9, Button calls $9, 1 fold, BB calls $7, UTG calls $7.

Flop: ($37) , , (4 players)
    BB checks, UTG bets $14, Hero raises to...
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    hand 1: seems fine. i was gonna say cib but then if has a draw he has great odds to just call so idk. but that also induces more too.

hand 2: idk maybe just somethin like 34?
    1) Yeah i think its fine, the board is so drawy that you don't really have a better option. I think the bet sizing here is good as well.

2) why not just put him in he only has like 30 left anyway.
    i was thinking only 34 because then either way that guy is getting in but if the other 2 players in the hand raise were pretty fucked vs there range and could probably get away i think? overall probably doesnt matter much.
    oh shit i didn't realize this was multiway. I would raise to like 45ish cause the only way you get raised is if they shove really and we can still get away if we choose to. I think its splitting hairs though really.