Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

100NL, i have problem playing nuts

Default 100NL, i have problem playing nuts

villain is unknown. How do you guys extract more money from this guy?
    i guess my line is awful most of the time.
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO ($179)
    Button ($100.90)
    SB ($99)
    Hero ($100)
    UTG ($63)
    UTG+1 ($103.35)
    MP1 ($95.50)
    MP2 ($53)
    MP3 ($97)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4.
    4 folds, MP3 raises to $4, 3 folds, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) A, 4, 4 (2 players)
    Hero checks, MP3 bets $5, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($18.50) J (2 players)
    Hero ?
    Given the A on the flop, I think I play this exactly like I would a A74 board, and that's basically leading every street.

Then again I've only gotten paid on quads once, and that was when I slowplayed em' to the river where villain hit a gutshot and got'er in. But that was a JJ8 flop, so kinda different.

You really gotta try to giter in here, and slowplaying ain't likely to build enough of a pot to do it on this board. If villain's got 55-KK, KJ, KQ, ... you're not likely to make tons here anyway, but if he's got AQ or even better, AJ -- I think we've gotta just bet into em' & hope for the best...

*shrug*
    you have to bet the flop, or c/r flop. if he folds oh well.

the whole call the flop and c/r turn stuff is very see through as strength. by showing strength on the flop he will be more likely to put you on an ace if you c/r or maybe a pair/ace if you lead. this is how you play the "more common" hands. you want it to look like that

sometimes people fold when you have the nuts, but you have to build a pot.
    Exactly as others stated. Just keep betting, your range is wider than when you call and c/r turn. I hope you do this with just sets as well. Don't expect much bluffing on this board so if he has an A let's just keep betting and extract.
    c/c turn and bet river, making sure you bet an amount opp will call.
    Lead the turn, you want to try and get it in if you can. I dont check here as he probably checks behind if he has no A or better. If we lead we can make more money.
    c/c flop, c/c turn, and bet river for 2/3 pot. I prefer not to bet or c/r flop with quads, just in case he has KQ, spades, or a pair. By slow playing, you at least give him a chance to back door into a huge hand that will cause him to stack off. If he has a hand that can build a big pot on the flop, it's likely he'll still be willing to build a big pot on the river.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffed22001
    making sure you bet an amount opp that maximizes your expectation
    fyp

OP: B/c flop 2/3ish, go for c/r on turn. Being OOP c/c - c/c looks way stronger than donk/call. There are no draws we could represent and I doubt we´d ever c/c twice w/ AJ/AQ/99-JJ while b/c totally makes sense for those hands (at least it should)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    xtr stand for exotic tranny retards
    yo