Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

Re-raise with AQs - two callers, c-bet this flop?

Default Re-raise with AQs - two callers, c-bet this flop?

UTG+1 is a relative unknown (21/10 over ~40 hands). MP2 is a solid tagg, 18/10 over 250 hands, very aggressive post-flop. CO is another solid tagg, 16/9 over a huge sample. My image is a little laggy, and I re-raised another player about an orbit ago and took the pot down pre-flop (my only re-raise at this table).

Do you like the re-raise? I almost always c-bet after re-raising except on really scary boards. Do it here? How much?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Holdem Ring game - Blinds: $0.50/$1 - 9 players - Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $68.95
    UTG+1: $91.50
    MP1: $138.60
    MP2: $134.55
    MP3: $58.90
    CO: $151.80
    Hero: $120.35
    SB: $12.25
    BB: $44.80

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with A Q
    UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $3, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero raises to $16, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Flop: 3 J 2 ($52.5, 3 players)
    UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero ...
    I just flat call AQs on the button, usually. I guess you have to bet, the pot is big and you have very little chance to win. I can't decide to lowball it and bet like $30, or overbet $60...
    Gotta bet. I like $40.
    yeah, this is a 'man up' spot to bet 40. I generally like the reraise preflop here.
    I call the AQs in this spot with the two limpers, it doesn't play bad multi-way and you have nice position. As played I check. A $40 bet leaves the original raiser with ~35. If you bet this and he pushes you will have to call. I dunno what he raises then calls preflop reraises with but ACQC, AK have you beat and JJ+ will definately call.

Flame on

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    I bet $35, pre-flop raiser folded and MP1 (solid tagg) pushed, making it $69 to call to win $137. I considered calling (would have been great for my image) but figured a solid tagg puts me on KK+ here and doesn't do it without a set or maaaybe a flush draw. I'm behind even a flush draw here if he has overs, so I folded.