Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

Call This Push?

Default Call This Push?

Whoops, what have I uncovered here? Do you call this?

Texas Hold'em $1-$1 NL (Real Money), #1,448,926,217
    Table Nouakchott, 3 Jan 2007 3:48 PM ET

Seat 1: Deltahedge ($60.35 in chips)
    Seat 2: fakir21 ($25.40 in chips)
    Seat 3: Julpinho ($46.20 in chips)
    Seat 4: Falconetti ($115.60 in chips)
    Seat 5: Vickan123 ($38.40 in chips)
    Seat 6: Galapogos [KS, AD] ($159.15 in chips)
    Seat 7: Garwood ($74.30 in chips)
    Seat 8: j_heddan ($98.10 in chips)
    Seat 9: al_344 ($102.05 in chips)
    Seat 10: Luoti ($38.70 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
    Garwood posts blind ($0.50), j_heddan posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
    al_344 folds, Luoti calls $1, Deltahedge calls $1, fakir21 calls $1, Julpinho folds, Falconetti calls $1, Vickan123 folds, Galapogos bets $8, Garwood folds, j_heddan folds, Luoti folds, Deltahedge folds, fakir21 calls $7, Falconetti bets $114.60 and is all-in, Galapogos... calls?

Falconetti seems like a pretty controlled player thus far. I've seen him before but that doesn't mean he's a winning player. So far he has been calling my preflop raises and folding to my cbets. I figure he's a set hunter. Plus in these spots it seems when someone does this they have a PP. I've never seen someone who isn't a maniac and has 100bbs do this though.

*sigh* These crazy mofos...

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Do Not Call This Push!
    What range do you put him on and why?

when people do stupid shit like this i don't even bother second guessing, there's no longterm value and we're still the shitty side of a coinflip at best.

plus your read doesn't really say enough about what he's capable of doing and why
    Limp/reraise a/i with AA/KK preflop is the new slowplay. Fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpe
    Limp/reraise a/i with AA/KK preflop is the new slowplay. Fold.
    Yeah I've seen this a few times lately - I laugh my ass off when I see those guys lose to 4-5 offsuit.

But yeah I would fold this unless you've seen him pull this with air.
    So with 4 limpers you guys give this guy credit for a big hand when he just limps behind them in late position? I haven't been out of line so it's not like he can plan on waiting for me to raise so he can repop me.

If he was going to slowplay would it not make more sense to do his usual call then proceed from the flop on? I just don't understand the logic in uber-slow to hyper-aggressive as soon as a bet is made.

I think it's a small or medium pp. Doubt a decent player would limp behind three limpers with QQ+, unless you've been raising the button like a mofo. I think is mostly a steal, but you're behind everything but AQ, if that's even in his range, so fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos
    I just don't understand the logic in uber-slow to hyper-aggressive as soon as a bet is made.
    ...and in your confusion you end up hitting hit the call button, because if he had something surely he would've raised in the first go round preflop, riiiigghhhhttt??? The logic, if you can call it that, is that he gets some money put into the pot preflop and then takes it down, because no one can call without a monster.

It's a donkish play, I know, but I've seen it often enough to give him credit here. And it just ain't worth finding out.
    I call. If he deep-limped AA/KK I laugh first and then I cry a little. If he has a pp we're breaking even. I think his range here is much wider than that, no way I'm folding teh nutz.

(haven't played FR for a month, though, so take this with a grain of salt).