Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

200nl - 99 3b pot vs bigfish

Default 200nl - 99 3b pot vs bigfish

Villain is 48/18 over 75 hands.

Pre was for value as i assumed he'd open and call with a tonne
    Flop again for value
    Turn i think he has a few SD's, some with pairs, a few FDs, A high floats, and pairs. I think he'll check back most paired hands, bet his A high floats and FDs. What line is best ? Most lines seem to have merit.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
    NL Holdem $2(BB) Replayer
    SB ($73.70)
    Hero ($251)
    UTG ($203)
    UTG+1 ($238)
    UTG+2 ($604)
    MP1 ($297)
    MP2 ($151)
    CO ($100)
    BTN ($200)

Dealt to Hero 9 9

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $10, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $28, MP1 calls $18

FLOP ($59) 6 4 8

Hero bets $36, MP1 calls $36

TURN ($131) 6 4 8 A

Hero ??? [/color]
    Hmm, well depends how aggressive is he postflop. If you think he is passive, you might try something dumb like betting same amounts on all 3 streets, or even check a street or two, and try a cheap showdown. I'd prolly C/F or B/F turn to aggression, since he did PFR im mostly scared of Ax, and higher pairs, TT-JJ
    is 5x his standard open? if not then this is quite possibly one of the worst line's i've seen. i think you misplayed every street.
    im with zilla, pre is so unnecessary. Much rather do it with a hand like KQ, this op is gonna be supereasy to play vs postflop aswell calling 99 here
    Quote Originally Posted by reDZill4 View Post
    is 5x his standard open? if not then this is quite possibly one of the worst line's i've seen. i think you misplayed every street.
    I had seen him open to 5x pre once before, i agree if he hadnt its an easy flat. I think pre was thin, but i dont think its terrible. Like we'd reraise TT pre, so it cant be too bad?

Quote Originally Posted by ZwiFT View Post
    im with zilla, pre is so unnecessary. Much rather do it with a hand like KQ, this op is gonna be supereasy to play vs postflop aswell calling 99 here
    Id be 3betting high card hands too for value ZwiFT

I was more interested in post flop. How would we play TT/JJ?