Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

Need a range 50NL

Default Need a range 50NL

3rd hand with villain, no reads. What kind of range can I put him on here?

My concern is that his range might be AKs, AKo, QQ+, or is this too tight of a range?

I just feel like any reasonably-sized bet here puts me in an awkward spot if he raises (on such a uncoordinated board)... which makes me think that my 4Bet sizing preflop set me up for this?

I guess the question here is do I wanna play for stacks here. Is it silly to want to keep the pot small, since if I'm ahead, I'm only scared of an A falling.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG ($97.40)
    UTG+1 ($41.45)
    MP1 ($50)
    MP2 ($28.65)
    Hero (MP3) ($95.85)
    CO ($52.20)
    villain (Button) ($50)
    SB ($24.85)
    BB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K
    4 folds, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, villain raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $11, villain calls $8

Flop: ($22.75) Q, 9, 7 (2 players)
    You're 4bet is OK.
    You created a pot with an SPR of ~2, which you cannot get away now (you want to put all the money in). Plus villain will not fold AQ/KQ on this board.
    I would bet/get it in.
    Okay so his 3bet being $3 is relevant hear, it means it is less likely that he is good and more likely that he thinks AQ is the nuts here or stacks off with JJ. With how this hand has been played his range can easily be 99+ AJs+ AQ+ I would think. I would never be folding.
    I'm not sure how many AQ, AJ, KQ are in a typical villain's calling a 4bet range.

I agree someone might stack off with AQ KQ on this flop, but I don't think there's much of a chance of that. Maybe we can put JJ in there, but I would except a larger 3bet with JJ, because many don't want to see a flop.
    This is one of those spots where you should think less about what their range is more about what the best way is to get the money in. I would probably bet something stupid like $8 on the flop and shove turn
    if he raises this is not an awkward spot at all. I would be delighted if an unknown raised me here. I agree w/ dean in betting something small on flop, to induce some sort of spazraise/tardshove. If villain has AQ/KQ he's never folding anyway.
    3k post - Return of the blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by rudefella
    I'm not sure how many AQ, AJ, KQ are in a typical villain's calling a 4bet range.

I agree someone might stack off with AQ KQ on this flop, but I don't think there's much of a chance of that. Maybe we can put JJ in there, but I would except a larger 3bet with JJ, because many don't want to see a flop.
    You'll be suprise what people do with JJ sometimes.I'll do half pot and jam any turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanglow
    This is one of those spots where you should think less about what their range is more about what the best way is to get the money in. I would probably bet something stupid like $8 on the flop and shove turn
    yeah I like this line.

will induce most spazz/light call downs.