Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Some 10NL hands

Default Some 10NL hands

weaktight | Hand | 56s - $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem

Initial raiser was a TAG - the limper and 2 callers were all fish, would you call pre + bet/fold turn bigger as they are calling with any of the bigger hearts?

weaktight | Hand | 7As - $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem

SB is a huge fish and BB is a good player 17/12/5, I think cbetting is -EV as the fish will call with any pair so I check back hoping to pick up a spade or J/T. Not sure if the turn raise is any good as BB's donking range includes sets and good kings which he might call a raise with, just call for implied odds?

weaktight | Hand | AKo - $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem

Guy is 41/1/1.3 over 70 hands no other reads how would you react to his minraise? Call and fold the turn to another bet/pot control or just try to get it in.

All comments appreciated.
    H1 - bet bigger on the turn. pre flop call is fine. not sure im bet folding the turn given stack sizes

H2 - meh i do this sometimes im not sure its good, if you think his donkin range is very strong you may just call if u feel you will get paid off some on the river

H3 - given the guy is so loose passive the min raise generally means ur one pair is beat here very often. there is no point raising back over the top on this flop. as played I check behind on this turn almost always, given u hold the Ac
    Hand 1: I think with 2 callers I just check call a really small bet or check fold.

Hand 2: Why 4bet flop? It doesn't extract value and a passive player is reraising you. He will either bet small 1 more street and check or start betting big with top two. By calling you give him the rope on a non drawy board. He can do the betting while you can make a decision to fold if he bets 3 streets strongly or fires pot on the turn.

Hand3: A bad tight reg may just fold a weak K or Q here but a good reg will call off atleast 1 street. Might as well just call and try to hit the flush. check an ace on the river.
    Hand 1: I think this is played well, but I like betting the turn a little harder I think just because I don't think they'll call with any fewer hands.

Hand 2: The flop c-bet is probably better than you think it is. As played, I like raising the turn because your implied odds suck and the SB doesn't seem to have a hand he'll call with here very often.

Hand 3: You absolutely crush his stacking-off range on the flop. I really hate your flop 3-bet sizing, a lot. You're not getting away from a turn club so he can call close to profitably with a flush draw.
    Sorry i got hand 2 and 3 mixed up!
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post

Hand 2: The flop c-bet is probably better than you think it is. As played, I like raising the turn because your implied odds suck and the SB doesn't seem to have a hand he'll call with here very often.
    I think most people will think that because we didn't bet the flop that the turn raise is garbage. Maybe I'm leveling myself because I do agree that he doesnt have a strong range, but if he is as good as he says he is I would just call and pray for the Js or Ts to fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r_daniel View Post
    I think most people will think that because we didn't bet the flop that the turn raise is garbage. Maybe I'm leveling myself because I do agree that he doesnt have a strong range, but if he is as good as he says he is I would just call and pray for the Js or Ts to fall.
    Yeah I was talking to surviva in IRC and basically we thought that my raise would seem like 66 and draws + air only as I'd never check back a decent hand when the fish is calling most bets. Also his range can have stuff like 33,KQ,JT,66 + the odd flush draw, he'd likely try to c/r the first 2 hands to trap the fish's dead money in the pot.

But he's probably not thinking that deep - he'll fold a Queen and some of his flush draws + maybe JT sometimes. I could also be thinking his donk bet range is a lot stronger than it actually is, seems close between raise and call - need more info to say which is better trouble is this was only after 70 hands so some of his stats are unreliable.
    well in irc i was saying that raise/fold is the worst of our options if he is a "good aggressive player." i obv think that both floating and raising larger/calling here are profitable
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    well in irc i was saying that raise/fold is the worst of our options if he is a "good aggressive player." i obv think that both floating and raising larger/calling here are profitable
    Yeah I'm probably misleading people by saying he's good - it's that I haven't seen him do anything bad and he seemed to think about other people's hands a little bit.

So basically I should say he's "solid" rather than good.