Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Feedback and Announcements

Weird problem with some buttons on FTR

Default Weird problem with some buttons on FTR

I can't use the "refresh" button next to the URL to update FTR lately. Also, using F5 doesn't work, and no combination of ctrl or shift w/ F5 works either.

I also just noticed that the "top" button at the end of the last post on each page of a thread - that button doesn't work for me, either.

Note that using either the "refresh" button or using F5 on other pages works as expected; the problem is with my FTR only, as far as I can tell.

This has been going on for a couple of days and I'm not sure if it's related, but it started after I cleared my browser history.

I expect it's my own fault, but I don't know what I did besides clear a cache folder and I don't see why that would cause a persistent problem with FTR.

Any help is much appreciated.
    When you refresh a page on FTR, it's not updating? In other words, if you read a thread and refresh the index, it still shows as unread?

What browser/OS are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    When you refresh a page on FTR, it's not updating? In other words, if you read a thread and refresh the index, it still shows as unread?
    If I can get it to update, it does so. Using refresh commands doesn't work.

I.e. The only way I have found to refresh the pages is to click a link on my hotbar which doesn't really refresh, but takes me to the forum list page.

If I want to refresh the Commune, I have to leave the page and come back. I can't get it to refresh as is.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    What browser/OS are you using?
    Firefox / Windows 7
    I can use the FTR tabs to refresh the commune w/o leaving the page.
    Other forums as well. The tabs work fine.
    Somewhat on topic.

I think I've had this problem before & it seemed to fix itself eventually but when I click the new posts button it is taking me to a a page which says "sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms". Even when there are new posts.
    Oh yeah.... this pretty much resolved itself in about a week.

I could check again and clear my browser cache when I get home to see if I can reproduce the effect.

I didn't experience the thing Savy mentioned.