Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

Progress Report

Default Progress Report

The first time I posted, I talked about how I was initially down $750 due to extremely poor play. I researched how to really play the game and decided to invest another $50 a week later.

I have since turned that $50 into $1,240, amounting to a $440 profit so far. I only play at PokerRoom.com and EmpirePoker right now. I've taken advantage of promotions and have received $270 in bonus money so far. I'm currently 300 raked hands away from completing the $100 Tuesday100 bonus at Empire.

Right now I play the $25 NL and $25 PL games at Empire. Once I hit the $1000 mark in profits, I plan to bump up to the $50 games. I also play the $0.10-$0.25 games at PokerRoom from time to time, but I mainly use PokerRoom to play the SitNGo's.

I played my first MTT last week. I finished 4th out of 169 for a cool $76 prize. I also played in another MTT last night and finished just outside the prize pool at 32nd place out of 264 players.

In the last three days I've played five $5+0.50 SitNGo's at PokerRoom. I have finished in the money in four of those five games, placing 1st twice, 2nd and 3rd once each, and 4th once as well.

Overall, I'm pleased with my profits. I'm anxious to get up to $1000 in profits and see what I can do at the higher levels. I'm really excited to see how much I've improved in the SitNGo's, and the success I've had at the two MTT's.

I'm not here to brag by any means. I did start off $750 down, afterall. My profits are nowhere close to what 95% of you are seeing. What I would like is some advice on how to increase my profits. Should I go ahead and try $50 tables, or multi-table, etc.? Should I try the $10 SitNGo's instead of the $5 buy-ins?

Also, after I complete the Empire bonus, where should I go next? I hear a lot about about Absolute. Are the bonuses easy to clear there?

Thanks for the advice.
    Keep up the good work.

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    {Moved from Hold'em Strategies}
    Good job. Was much of your research at FTR? Did you read any books?
    I did a lot of research here on FTR. All the posts with Stickies at the top were very helpful, and I regularly checked other posts. I did buy two books, but I have not finished them. One is Killer Online Poker by John Vorhaus and the other is Internet Texas Hold Em by Matthew Hilger.

Default Re: Progress Report

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCH06
    What I would like is some advice on how to increase my profits. Should I go ahead and try $50 tables, or multi-table, etc.? Should I try the $10 SitNGo's instead of the $5 buy-ins?
    Specialize. Play either cash games or SNG's exclusively, and play biggest games allowed by the bankroll guidelines posted elsewhere on the forums.
    TylerK: its just gambling if i want to worry about money i'll go to work lol