Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Barry Greenstein AMA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippy80 View Post
    Hi Barry,

Thanks for spending your precious time with us degens here.

With you background in computer programming, do you envision a time when OFC will be played on the major pokersites such as PokerStars? It's susceptibility to bots has always been one of the factors given for not spreading it.
    How do you feel the process is going in the US in relation to states starting to regulate online poker?
    Do you have an Goals for the next 12 months? Poker and not Poker?
    Have you thought about writing another book?

Thank!
    I already answered the OFC questions.
    I have a book mostly written, but it will take a lot more work to get it ready to release. I've been writing it since 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg1 View Post
    I have a book mostly written, but it will take a lot more work to get it ready to release. I've been writing it since 2008.
    Are you writing about poker or another topic in the book you're currently working on?
    These answers are really interesting - especially the one about the punching question.

What is your opinion about the situation with Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin?
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    What are your views on gay marriage? What do you think of the way the Senate handled the bill about discriminating against gay people?

What about gun control?
    I think discriminating against people because they happen to be gay makes as much sense as discriminating against people because they have red hair. That said, gingers have no soul. (I never liked my kids watching that South Park but I didn't know it would rub off on me.)

There is no way to get rid of guns in the US but I don't see why anyone needs those assault weapons that have been used in mass murders.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    How do you feel about the direction online poker is heading in the USA with state to state legislation rather than a federal bill for all of the US?

Funniest moment at a poker table?

Do you see yourself playing poker until the wheels fall off? Or do you plan on retiring or walking away at some point?
    After some of the bad decisions I made on my European trip last month, I was wondering if the wheels had already fallen off. However, tournament poker is a lower level than high limit cash games, so I think I'll be able to compete for several more years, even if it's not at the level I have in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Guedes View Post
    Hi Barry, thanks for doing this and for giving us the honor to chat with you about poker and know better such a great player like you....I'm a huge fan!! Congratulations on the great person you are.

I would like to ask which minimum bankroll to play $1 SNG ...I'm a newbie and still at "growing stage" (around 400 sit n' gos played)...do you think I can raise level...?

What are your goals for this year? All the best and lots of cash$$$$$ at the tables. Thanks and big hug.

Jaime Guedes
    I'm not great at bankroll management. Someone once said to me when they were railing the big game, "Can you really afford to play these stakes?" I said, "Of course not. If I could, I'd be playing much bigger."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

What is your opinion about the situation with Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin?
    This issue is captivating if for no reason other than how Incognito's teammates have mostly sided with him while the media has vilified him and sided with Martin. I'd love to "hear" Barry's thoughts on this...
    I'm not great at bankroll management. Someone once said to me when they were railing the big game, "Can you really afford to play these stakes?" I said, "Of course not. If I could, I'd be playing much bigger."
    Classic...Nicely answered!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknut View Post
    Which WSOP events do you traditionally compete in?
    Since I play all the games I just play whatever the day's event is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Do you have a fitness regimen that helps you withstand the physical challenges of tournaments?
    I always bring my gym shoes and workout clothes when I travel, but I'm lazy about finding where the exercise room is.
    I always bring my gym shoes and workout clothes when I travel, but I'm lazy about finding where the exercise room is.
    These answers are really interesting - especially the one about the punching question.

I've never been insecure about my manhood so I don't tend to like Richie incognito types who have to prove they're a macho man. However, it's hard for him not to succumb to the environment he has grown up in.
    Would you ever consider doing a reality television show? If so, what would it be about?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
    Would you ever consider doing a reality television show? If so, what would it be about?
    I've been asked to be on several. I've never considered being on one. My son Joe had one lined up for MTV with some other poker players, but he got out when they (the producers, not MTV) kept changing the agreements.
    Thanks for doing this, Barry! I'm an even bigger fan of yours now than I was before. Thought you'd like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    Thanks for doing this, Barry! I'm an even bigger fan of yours now than I was before. Thought you'd like to know.
    Second-ed.
    Other than the Main Event, what WSOP event would you most like to win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Other than the Main Event, what WSOP event would you most like to win?
    The truth is, probably the one that pays the most. The politically correct answer is the 50k Players Championship, which also doesn't pay too badly.
    What is the biggest drawback to being a professional player other than the swings in money and being away from your family?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    What is the biggest drawback to being a professional player other than the swings in money and being away from your family?
    For the most part, you're just chasing money which is somewhat shallow. I think accomplishments are more important, and winning poker tournaments doesn't qualify as a life accomplishment in my opinion.
    What does qualify as a life accomplishment? I really think your charitable work is what makes you so great, by the way!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    What does qualify as a life accomplishment? I really think your charitable work is what makes you so great, by the way!!!
    Couldn't agree more!
    The supervisor said, "If Barry hit you, then you must have done something bad enough for us to bar you."
    This is a telling sign that you are truly a nice guy and a gentleman.

I lol'ed.
    The Open Face Chinese table is open in the OFC Lobby.

Barry Greenstein is playing against agnesamurphy. (or will be shortly)

Click here to view the match.
    Note: if that link doesn't work, you can go to the OFC lobby and scroll down to find the table, then click the "V" on the right of the screen to view the match.
    How can we improve our ftr ofc game/software?
    agnesamurphy has told me that she isn't seeing an "End Game" button between their rounds.

If you're not seeing one either, then just let agnes know in chat when you're finished playing. We'll take care of the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    The Open Face Chinese table is open in the OFC Lobby.

Barry Greenstein is playing against agnesamurphy. (or will be shortly)

Click here to view the match.
    Note: if that link doesn't work, you can go to the OFC lobby and scroll down to find the table, then click the "V" on the right of the screen to view the match.
    The link works and it's really cool to watch them play! Thanks!
    How can we improve our ftr ofc game/software?
    I think it was ok once I got used to it. My card got stuck a couple of times and I had to refresh. I'm not sure if it was my ineptness or my iPad.
    Thank you again for taking the time to do this! I enjoyed the match. Good luck on your endeavors.
    Sorry to any posters whose questions I skipped. Thanks to agnesamurphy for taking it easy on me in the OFC match!
    Thanks so much, Barry for participating in the AMA and trying out our OFC software. We really appreciate it!
    Thanks, Barry! We really appreciate this.
    In case you missed it, here is the full summary: http://www.flopturnriver.com/poker-n...-summary-20536

And even if you didn't miss it, it's worth a read!
    In case the above link doesn't work, the exact same content can be found here: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ma-196206.html

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    In case the above link doesn't work, the exact same content can be found here: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...ma-196206.html
    oh you.
    barry g is a cool guy for sure.. wise man