Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** The Official MAGAposting thread ***

Page 60 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,500 of 9319
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post
    Anyone traveling alone/discreetly (like a heroin smuggler) can't get over that wall.
    No, but two heroin smugglers could.
    I mean, we can see a fishing boat entering US waters from a radar station 500 miles away. We don't wait until a boat gets to our shore to handle it's arrival. We see it coming first.

You're telling me we won't see some mexicans marching through the desert with a 20 foot ladder???
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    How thick do you think these steel beams are? A cutting torch goes through steel pretty quick. A hacksaw, maybe an hour.
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA have you ever tried to use a hacksaw to cut anything???

If you think you can slice one of those beams in an hour...you're nuts. And by the way, you have to cut it twice to make a hole in the wall.

And oh by the way, they're steel posts filled with concrete filled with rebar. I don't think your hacksaw blade will hold up.

So is your patrol going to cover every inch of the wall every hour?
    I'll bet it's close to that. At least multiple times a day, at irregular intervals.
    No, but two heroin smugglers could.
    Right, because if you're not trying to attract attention.....carry a 20 foot ladder through the desert towards an international border.
    Too bad climate change is gonna end it all in less than 12 years now. Fuck.
    I know, right. Get ready for the human extinction event that even Arnold Schwarzeneger can't stop.
    Manbearpig warned you, but did you listen? Nooooo.

When did I do that? I'm just saying that a credible allegation of rape is not "hearsay"
    I mean... I tend to agree with that sentiment, but who decides what's credible in the case of allegations of criminal behavior? A court of law, right?

I think the word hearsay is perfectly appropriate.

So....by whom? Mainstream voices, or fringe?

If it was fringe...who cares?
    I agree. I'm not sure how much actual pressure it brought to bear. Probably a bad argument on my part.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    How thick do you think these steel beams are? A cutting torch goes through steel pretty quick. A hacksaw, maybe an hour. So is your patrol going to cover every inch of the wall every hour?
    You'd use cutting wire. Every demolition company has a wire cutting machine - they aren't high tech or prohibitively expensive, but these beams are thin enough that you could do it by hand in a couple of hours. You'd just need the wire and leave the machine at home.
    I'm not sure what your point is. They have to all sit on the top until the last person gets up. Then all climb down the other side. Good luck not getting spotted by a drone or motion sensor, or camera in that time.

A family with kids couldn't get over that wall. Someone transporting a cadre of sex slave prostitutes will have a hell of a time getting over that wall. Anyone traveling alone/discreetly (like a heroin smuggler) can't get over that wall.

Works for me.
    If you already have surveillance, why do you need a wall? That was the democrats proposal. Use modern technology. Trump said: NOTHING BUT A BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    One of these and a parachute and you win the bet.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA have you ever tried to use a hacksaw to cut anything???

If you think you can slice one of those beams in an hour...you're nuts. And by the way, you have to cut it twice to make a hole in the wall.
    Try seconds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Eq52unObc
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    you could do it by hand in a couple of hours.
    A couple of hours x 2. You'd have the cut the top and bottom of the pole in order get a body through. That plus you'd have to get to to the wall undetected in the first place.

Or...we can just let them run across the sand when we're not looking.

Which do you think will be more effective??

If you already have surveillance, why do you need a wall? That was the democrats proposal. Use modern technology. Trump said: NOTHING BUT A BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL.
    The walls ARE surveillance. They have the sensors that go off when one of the bars is cut. They have the sensors that go off when someone tries to dig a tunnel.

And we've already talked about this....the wall is permanent....so even if you remove all the surveillance, your average immigrant and/or drug/smuggler is still gonna have a bitch of a time getting over an 18 foot steel wall.
    Right, because if you're not trying to attract attention.....carry a 20 foot ladder through the desert towards an international border.
    Where do you think the picture was taken? If you just google border wall, a lot of pictures will have people sitting on it. I didn't go look for that picture, it was the first result.

And oh by the way, they're steel posts filled with concrete filled with rebar. I don't think your hacksaw blade will hold up.
    That's not so you can't cut through them that's so you can't knock them over.

Rebar is also steel fyi. And concrete is easier to cut than steel.
    wow....border patrol will never see that coming.

ANd if you think you're gonna operate that wire by hand you're crazy. For $10 you can buy a modified chainsaw blade with handles so you can work it through logs by hand. See how that goes compared to a regular chainsaw.
    Where do you think the picture was taken? If you just google border wall, a lot of pictures will have people sitting on it. I didn't go look for that picture, it was the first result.
    And how many of those people are apprehended as a result of the delay caused by the 18 foot steel obstacle in their way.

That pic still shows those people in Mexico.
    All your ideas why a wall would work have nothing to do with the wall. If they see them coming, you didn't need a wall. If they don't see them coming, a wall won't stop them.
    But the whole discussion is irrelevant because Trump is not building a single foot of fence that wasn't fenced already.
    Haha. Or you could use the thermite they used to bring down the Twin Towers.
    All your ideas why a wall would work have nothing to do with the wall. If they see them coming, you didn't need a wall. If they don't see them coming, a wall won't stop them.
    It really doesn't matter if some dispatcher in a CBP station 40 miles away sees some people running through the desert or reads that a sensor was tripped. By the time he gets there, the immigrants are gone.

But then again, if those immigrants are delayed by a multi-hour cutting project, or even by 15-45 minutes it might take to get a half dozen people over a ladder, then their apprehension becomes a million times easier.
    As to "how can they possibly get down" I don't understand how you can possibly be this ignorant about your body and how it can overcome terrain, but here's some video from your favorite news source:
    wow....border patrol will never see that coming.

ANd if you think you're gonna operate that wire by hand you're crazy. For $10 you can buy a modified chainsaw blade with handles so you can work it through logs by hand. See how that goes compared to a regular chainsaw.
    Yeah cause no immigrant ever had access to a source of electricity, like a small gas generator.
    You genuinely believed that US military could not do that in three weeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    who decides what's credible in the case of allegations of criminal behavior? A court of law, right?
    No. Christine Blasey Ford made a credible allegation. Kavanaugh never touched her. Both of those statements can be true.
    Yeah cause no immigrant ever had access to a source of electricity, like a small gas generator.
    If you want to speed run: detonating cord. Just the notion that it somehow would be inconceivable to bring a ladder when he's looking at the picture of mexicans climbing THE WALL with a ladder is making me feel dizzy.

This is a wall?
    Looks to me like you could get fentanyl through that wall. How's that going to stop the drugs trade?
    You genuinely believed that US military could not do that in three weeks?
    What are you saying? That they didn't spend three weeks trying? Or that they didn't put a sincere effort into trying?

Look, I'm sure the US military has 500 ways to breach those prototypes piece of cake. But the experiment was to see if they could do it using conventional tools and methods. When a Honduran caravan gets its hands on a fighter jet or a nuclear submarine, we might have a problem. But until then, steel and stone seem to work just fine.
    How is a ladder not a "conventional tool or method"
    How is a ladder not a "conventional tool or method"
    The prototypes tested were 12 feet taller than the walls in your pic. I think that ladder is at its limit
    12 WHOLE FEETSIES? OH MY LORD! I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING.

THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING
    It changes alot. A 20 foot ladder weights about 25-30lbs. A 40 foot ladder weighs almost 90 lbs.

Also, the prototypes being tested, at least the ones that I saw, had rounded/polished tops. So even if you got to the top of the wall, you had no way to perch yourself on top long enough and securely enough to pull the ladder over.
    Are you for fucking real man?? Get out of your echo chamber.

First of all, just his presence is a change. Every day he's in office is a day Hillary isn't in office. So just by eating a big mac in the oval office....he's effectively stopped the progressive agenda.

LOL, the words Hillary and progressive in the same sentence!

Last week, Nancy Pelosi too claimed with a straight face she was a progressive.

Words have no meaning anymore
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    LOL, the words Hillary and progressive in the same sentence!

Last week, Nancy Pelosi too claimed with a straight face she was a progressive.

Words have no meaning anymore
    I'm not playing that game. "liberal" is another word that doesn't mean what it's supposed to mean.

When I say progressives, you should just know that I mean anyone who says that they are a progressive. And when I say conservative, I mean everyone claiming allegiance to that camp as well, whether their actions mirror those values or not.
    What I find tremendously funny Oskar, is that you sincerely believe that a for-profit construction company.... successful enough, and well run enough to be on the government's approved vendor list......would submit a prototype that is susceptible to something as simple as a really tall ladder.

They thought of that. Thanks for your expertise bud.
    Can you explain to me what you see in this image:

Can you explain to me what you see in this image:
    I see a tiny group of immigrants having a bitch of a time making five feet of longitudinal progress.

I also see a wall that's too short and needs about $25B in renovations.

What exactly is your point?
    How high is the Trump wall?
    How high is the Trump wall?
    30 feet not counting several feet underground.

12 feet taller than the barrier in that picture.
    But they haven't built any of it yet, right? Besides the prototypes.
    I mean... doesn't change a whole lot: https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Lad...11&s=hi&sr=1-3

Also, the prototypes being tested, at least the ones that I saw, had rounded/polished tops. So even if you got to the top of the wall, you had no way to perch yourself on top long enough and securely enough to pull the ladder over.
    You can't seriously believe that. Impossible to lift 90lb? - the one I linked is 75lb
    Last edited by oskar; 04-22-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Oh shit. At first I thought it said 'fentanyl', not fireball.

Never mind then.

But they haven't built any of it yet, right? Besides the prototypes.
    Right. Still not seeing your point?

I think voters should hold Trump accountable for failing on that campaign promise. It's going to be a challenge for him in 2020. But if Dems are just going to run around shrieking about the hoax that is climate change or a fake narrative about white-supremacy, they make it easy for him.

The wall isn't built because the Republicans, led by Paul Ryan, were able to convince Trump to focus on tax reform and kick the can down the road on the wall. Now the dems control the house and are being obstructionist douchebags. That's fine....voters should hold them accountable for that too.

By the way though, he did get the tax thing done, along with two supreme court judges and prison reform.
    Oh shit. At first I thought it said 'fentanyl', not fireball.

Never mind then.

If you don't know about it already, look for "pumpkin chunkin' videos. It's one of the greatest competitions ever.
    Right.
    Im ded
    You can't seriously believe that. Impossible to lift 90lb? - the one I linked is 75lb
    Believe what? That carrying 90lbs through the desert is a fuckton harder than carrying 30lbs? Yeah, I believe that.

Or are you shocked that I believe there is such a thing as a wall structure that deters ladders as a viable form of breach?

This thing is sick as fuck!

This thing is sick as fuck!
    Fuck the bus ride! We can probably just use that to launch a mexican from Tijuana to Oakland

I'm now officially for open borders, provided that every immigrant arrive via trebuchet.
    Believe what? That carrying 90lbs through the desert is a fuckton harder than carrying 30lbs? Yeah, I believe that.

Or are you shocked that I believe there is such a thing as a wall structure that deters ladders as a viable form of breach?
    So you think it's smart to spend 16+ billion - not including maintenance, to slightly inconvenience some Hondurans and possibly even make them carry a 60lb heavier ladder? Not that I believe it's 30ft before any of it has been built.
    Fuck the bus ride! We can probably just use that to launch a mexican from Tijuana to Oakland

I'm now officially for open borders, provided that every immigrant arrive via trebuchet.
    That wasn't the point. This is a record holding trebuchet built for the purpose of chunkin' pumpkins, and it's cool to look at. You're not pulling your weight around here and I'm drifting off.
    30 feet not counting several feet underground.
    I didn't catch that the first time. Why would you measure underground? XD
    I didn't catch that the first time. Why would you measure underground? XD
    Because shovels are a thing. They're easier to carry than ladders.
    You're not pulling your weight around here and I'm drifting off.
    Well, ask me about something else then. I'm still waiting for you to answer my question from the other day. Can you explain how Trump got elected without invoking racism, sexism, or russia?
    Well, ask me about something else then. I'm still waiting for you to answer my question from the other day. Can you explain how Trump got elected without invoking racism, sexism, or russia?
    You already told us. A bunch of disaffected people wanted to stick it to the ruling class by electing a man who would make them suffer by lowering their taxes.
    Those are undeniably factors. Racists love him - look at Daily Stormer, Richard Spencer... The access hollywood tapes actually raised his popularity and russians hacked the DNS for him and ran a social media campaign. I'm sure there were other reasons too. Like I've said many times... trying to not be inflammatory is really hard here... uhm... He appeals to simple folks by being, uhm... a simple man.
    Last edited by oskar; 04-22-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    You already told us. A bunch of disaffected people wanted to stick it to the ruling class by electing a man who would make them suffer by lowering their taxes.....
    ....and by busing immigrants into their cities

....and by de-railing their dreams of having a functionally activist supreme court for the next 20 years.

....and by embarrassing the news media for the sham that it is, resulting in a humongous wave of layoffs in the journalism industry.

....and by seemingly effortlessly booming the economy beyond anything ever dreamed about by his predecessor

....and by not giving a flying fuck about climate change.

#MAGA
    Those are undeniably factors. Racists love him - look at Daily Stormer, Richard Spencer... The access hollywood tapes actually raised his popularity and russia helped him in many ways. I'm sure there are other reason too.
    What if you found out that you and Richard Spencer liked the same flavor of ice cream? Would you die?

Trump won well over 300 electoral votes. Richard Spencer couldn't fill a single-A baseball stadium. LOL. Big factor in his success right here huh.
    Last edited by TheSpoonald; 04-22-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    Seems like the best explanation of the Mueller Report here:

tldr; MR found Trump "not innocent"

tldr; MR found Trump "not innocent"
    Yes, let's invent whole new legal terms because "ORANGE MAN BAD"
    No, you should watch that. You already showed earlier that you misunderstood the thing the guy explains in detail, because you believed what Barr said about the OLC opinion as seen by Mueller. What Barr said is directly contradicted by the Mueller report.
    Ugh, I'm five seconds in and I already hate everything this guy says.

"Unless you're as smart as I am, you don't understand"
    Yeah I really trust a guy who starts his argument with "Hey legal eagles!!"
    No. Christine Blasey Ford made a credible allegation. Kavanaugh never touched her. Both of those statements can be true.
    A credible allegation that wasn't of rape, yeah. No criminal activity to unravel there.

I'm kinda glad you mentioned it, because I deleted the section I was going to write about it, due to it not being about a criminal accusation.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
    Three minutes now and this guy hasn't told me anything I don't already know.

Yeah yeah yeah....can't indict a sitting president. blah blah blah.... can be charged after he's out of office yak yak yak.....I'm talking to you like a third grader

Play all the legal gymnastics you want. At the end of the day, the most relentless investigation ever conducted could not find any evidence of even a single criminal action.

For fucks sake guys....WHO CARES ABOUT THIS CRAP?? Trump is not on trial. This isn't a courtroom where he's either found guilty or not guilty. Mueller could have said "X is an incident where Trump committed a crime against the interests of this country. Or here is where he provably obstructed the course of justice to protect himself from investigation". then congress would know, and the media would know, and the voters would know. Then justice could proceed from there.

But he didn't do that. He spent two years commanding a small army and couldn't even put a scratch on the guy. If anything Trump gained support after the MR.

I literally can't believe you still want to push the russia angle. I mean...when does it end? What would it take for you to say "Ok...Trump didn't do it"
    I'll break it down for you.

Mueller starts report by saying he is operating under policy against indicting sitting POTUS. As such, he cannot make claims that Trump is guilty of x, y, or z because that would not allow Trump the right to immediately defend himself in court (due process). Thus he can only either find Trump innocent (i.e., clear him), but never guilty. So for the rest of the report he's going go provide the evidence he found and give it to Congress to decide what to do.

He discusses evidence for conspiracy with Russia and reports it as inadequate (i.e., Trump is innocent of collusion).

He then goes over 12 items re: obstruction, lays out the evidence in each item, which varies in strength from zero to strong for each item (summarized in the graph at 9:00), and says 'there you go, that's my report'.

In no case does he 'clear' Trump of obstruction like Barr claimed. On the contrary, he makes it clear that there is strong evidence for at least a few of the obstruction items (including attempts by Trump to fire and/or curtail Mueller lol) and leaves it at that. Nowhere in that report will you see anything that says 'innocent of obstruction'.
    I'll break it down for you.

Trump is not a traitor
    Fixed your post.
    He spent two years commanding a small army and couldn't even put a scratch on the guy.
    Is that going in the White House rebuttal of the Mueller Report? 'Cause it seems funny to prepare a rebuttal for a report that totally exonerates someone.

I've watched a few trials, and I've never seen someone cleared of all charges filing a rebuttal.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 04-22-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    Trump obstructed justice. As soon as he's out of the WH he's gonna get charged.
    fyp
    I swear to fucking god....I've never been to law school but if you gave me 30 million dollars and a team of prosecutors and FBI agents....I could get you charged with treason.

Do you realize how unbelievably innocent Trump has to be to not only come out unscathed, but ahead???
    That obstruction chart was funny. "Some guy colored this in...look how much red he chose to use. TRUMP IS GUILTY GGRRRAAAHGGGGH"
    The best part of this whole thing is that Trump obstructed justice over a crime he was being cleared of. If he'd just kept his mouth shut and let the thing run its course he would have walked away clean.
    I swear to fucking god....I've never been to law school but if you gave me 30 million dollars and a team of prosecutors and FBI agents....I could get you charged with treason.
    Then why wasn't he? Maybe it's because they're being paid to get to the truth, not to fabricate evidence for a kangaroo court.

Do you realize how unbelievably innocent Trump has to be to not only come out unscathed, but ahead???
    He is, to use his own words, 'fucked'.
    That obstruction chart was funny. "Some guy colored this in...look how much red he chose to use. TRUMP IS GUILTY GGRRRAAAHGGGGH"
    Of course the colouring is subjective.

The point is all 12 of those instances were discussed in the report, and in no case (afaik) did Mueller say 'he's innocent'.
    The best part of this whole thing is that Trump obstructed justice over a crime he was being cleared of. If he'd just kept his mouth shut and let the thing run its course he would have walked away clean.
    Sorry, I just want to savour this moment a bit longer with a meme.

Trump.jpg
    Trump is more likely to get re-elected than he was before the Mueller report's release.

And you think it's a loss for Trump?

And you think he's retarded and you're not?

at least jesus loves you man.
    Trump is more likely to get re-elected than he was before the Mueller report's release.
    Says you and Fox.

He's going to be under congress' investigation between now and Election Day. If he isn't impeached by then, and if the D's have a brain (the latter of which is a big 'if' admittedly), they're going to put up some squeaky clean candidate and spend the next 18 months talking about how POTUS obstructed justice, oversaw the family separation policy, fucked up trade, and didn't do anything about health care.

And he's going to come back with 'hrhbbhbhb i am not a crook!' and 'i'll build the wall this time for sure' and 'immigrants are trying to rape your babies' and 'the stock market was good when i started' and we'll have to see how that goes.
    Speaking of the stock market, he doesn't brag about it much anymore. I wonder why.

stocks.jpg
    they're going to put up some squeaky clean candidate
    Who? I doubt someone is going to unexpectedly jump out of the woodwork and run for president at this point. You know who the option are.

Who is this squeaky clean person?

Kamala Harris? Is she even polling on whole numbers?

Joe Biden? Touches kids

Beto? He is probably already toast. Saying his presence = charity might be unfixable. But just in case..drunk driver.

Swalwell? Gun confiscation...not a winning platform

Warren? Trump bullied her into getting that DNA test. Another epic troll. She won't hold up in a head to head campaign against him. She's too weak to be president.

Bernie? Social justice sell out. Also a closet capitalist. And also too weak to be president. Might croak before the convention

Who am I missing?

Booker? He's the guy who went to boarding school, went to yale, became a rhode scholar, rand a major US city and became a senator. But claims victimhood status because of his skin color.

Gillibrand? Also went to boarding school, ivy league college, and enjoys a comfortable living as a US senator. And also like booker, claims victimhood status. Because she's a woman or something.

Oh, and Mayor Pete. A fake-christian who has yet to articulate any actual policy positions.

Who can beat Trump?
    Last edited by TheSpoonald; 04-22-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Who can beat Trump?
    Anyone really. He's not exactly a juggernaut of popularity.

Although I would be hedging my bets if Warren or Biden ran. Even anyone else, there's no predicting what people are going to do.