Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

I am so bored.

Default I am so bored.

But I want to talk poker. Let's do this.
    Nobody likes me. Everybody hates me. I think I'll go eat worms. Seriously people, I'm bored. I'll do anything. anything.
    What have you been up to after black friday? Are you playing in any US site? Live? Moved or planning on moving abroad?
    I have always found FR a little hard to play for any length of time. I have a fairly boring game and am only semi aggressive for 6m. Do you have a way to make FR more tolerable or is it a matter of it just being a fit to your personality?

I'm also stating to think that I have played too many tables for a while now but I tend to be a small winrate, tons of hands type of player, should I just play less tables and improve winrate, or try FR and play a ton of hands still?

Can I get an invite to #********?
    biggest poker revelation you had?

can you post your stats....not like your winnings or w/e but just the standard game you play, amount your 3betting/cbetting/folding to cbets etc
    I suck in 3 bet pots

Give me 3 easy wins that i am not doing (or have learnt and forgotten - because i accept i am at best an average player)
    Quote Originally Posted by L_Clan_Sup3rMaN View Post
    What have you been up to after black friday? Are you playing in any US site? Live? Moved or planning on moving abroad?
    Lots of Star Craft and TV. Finished Heroes, and a few anime.

I am not currently playing on any site.

I refuse to play live.

I am moving to Montreal on Friday. I have also applied to schools in Vancouver, British Colombia for student visas.
    Last edited by aka_red; 05-31-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    I have always found FR a little hard to play for any length of time. I have a fairly boring game and am only semi aggressive for 6m. Do you have a way to make FR more tolerable or is it a matter of it just being a fit to your personality?

I'm also stating to think that I have played too many tables for a while now but I tend to be a small winrate, tons of hands type of player, should I just play less tables and improve winrate, or try FR and play a ton of hands still?

Can I get an invite to #********?
    My game doesn't differ much between 6max and FR. I don't think yours should either. The only thing that should be adjusted for is the amount of players at your table and their ranges/frequencies changes. A lot of people don't adjust their play when FR tables go 6 handed or when 6max goes 4 handed. Which is something worth being aware of. But in terms of plays. Poker is poker no matter what form or way it is. I've recently been living with a top HU SNG player and he has had a boot camp this past month. I still find myself being able to talk poker with them. My ranges are typically off due to my unfamiliarity with stack sizes and HU ranges. However, I'm still able to comment on a hand just as anyone else should be able to do. I truly believe that I am becoming better at poker and not just becoming better at 6max or FR. While I might prefer one or the other. I find it important that you feel comfortable with the game of poker. IMO it's not about being really good at 6max and terrible at FR. It's about being able to have a poker mind that is strong and is able to adapt regardless of the situation you are in.

That all depends on what you want in your life and what your goals are. Something that I am still struggling with. Questions I ask myself are: What are my goals with poker? What do I want to accomplish in poker? Am I going on the right path to those goals and accomplishments? Part of me wants to be feared just as durrrr and jungleman are. Part of me wants to do absolutely nothing, and be lazy, and just be happy making $xyz per month. As you can see in that one aspect the inner turmoil effects the way I handle poker and how I plan on handling poker in the future. It is a simple question but it has a complicated answer if you cannot think of the EXACT reason you are doing what you are doing off the top of your head.

No, but I'll give it some thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by philly and the phanatics View Post
    biggest poker revelation you had?

can you post your stats....not like your winnings or w/e but just the standard game you play, amount your 3betting/cbetting/folding to cbets etc
    I hate both of those questions.

Elaboration:

I think the biggest poker revelation I've had is realizing the importance of talking about poker with other people. For the most part I have never really talked to anybody at poker. I've watched a few videos here and there got coached for a minute. In the end though nothing is as good your game as having somebody blow your mind. For me as of late, I think I've got a decently firm grasp on the betting strategies of the game. So most of my interesting conversations about poker are with people who approach the game in general much different than I do. Talking about what line is better can only last for so long and a lot of the time not very exciting or interesting.

A: "You should have bet the turn, here is why..."
    B: "I didn't think (insert relevant thoughts on why)"
    A: "(Elaborates more on B's counter)"
    B: "Let's consult C"
    C: "I agree with A for the aforementioned reasons"

That's really about exciting as it gets. Which can be very interesting in terms of seeing things through another persons eyes. It doesn't come up often for me but I'll admit when it does it is very interesting.

As of late though what I've found most interesting is how other people approach the game. Coach A, the one I currently live with, is like me. Lazy, plays whenever he wants, listens to music, talks on aim, surfs the web, and plays x tables, doesn't study. Coach B is the polar opposite. Wakes up every morning makes himself full breakfast, goes to the gym, takes a shower, then puts in a scheduled amount of volume for each given day. This totally blew my mind. They also both came up on 2+2 and have been playing for much longer then myself. Where as I on the other hand posted occasionally here and rarely of content same goes with 2+2, although to a lesser extent. So that alone caused me to think about almost everything. If I do decide to study where I should get started. Like skimming over some decent strategy books for basic concepts that I may have missed. Or that I have learned on accident but didn't fully understand. For example, I only recently learned about inflection points, despite having a general idea of the concept through playing. I was more or less self taught, they were taught threw the forums. So they understood the game way differently than I did. They are both from much more solid foundations then myself. Where as I learned more by trial and error. So they look at things much differently than I do. So I'd say that my biggest revelation has been learning how valuable the input of other players who are near your level of play is. Both worse and better than yourself. I also recommend you talk to them more about how they approach the game as well in terms of their soft skill habits (schedules, etc).

I have near typical stats but they obviously vary for the environment I'm in. I hate this question because I think it gives a lot of people the wrong impression about how to play the game. This is by no means a cookie cutter game. While I have had success playing the way I do, that does not mean that you will. Although, it might work for you, but for different reasons. Which then deviates into how you play the rest of your game beyond the stats. Stats give you a general idea of what that player is up to. IMO stats are only a small portion of the picture.
    Last edited by aka_red; 05-31-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: I've decided to elaborate
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffed22001 View Post
    I suck in 3 bet pots

Give me 3 easy wins that i am not doing (or have learnt and forgotten - because i accept i am at best an average player)
    All I understand from this is

I suck in 3 bet pots
    Quote Originally Posted by reDZill4 View Post
    All I understand from this is
    ldo

Why do i suck in 3 bet pots - what would you expect i am doing wrong from what you know of me?
    worms tasty?
    target the worst regs, the mediocre regs, the bums, or all of them?
    it wasn't that long ago that you were sitting at 100nl FR tables, is reflecting on that satisfying? motivating? boring?
    suggested approaches for mediocre players with a reasonable understanding of quite a few basics who want to become better poker players?
    re goals with poker - what do you want from life (forgetting poker for the moment)?
    what do you think about coaching - as coach and/or as student?
    ldo

Why do i suck in 3 bet pots - what would you expect i am doing wrong from what you know of me?
    I don't understand why you think I know something about you. You could suck for a million different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    worms tasty?
    target the worst regs, the mediocre regs, the bums, or all of them?
    it wasn't that long ago that you were sitting at 100nl FR tables, is reflecting on that satisfying? motivating? boring?
    suggested approaches for mediocre players with a reasonable understanding of quite a few basics who want to become better poker players?
    re goals with poker - what do you want from life (forgetting poker for the moment)?
    what do you think about coaching - as coach and/or as student?
    I thought about it, didn't follow through .

Target the bums for easy money?

Reflecting on playing lower stakes is rewarding only in the fact that it means I have come a long way. It is something I can feel good about.

What I want from life is to be able to do whatever I want. Which really isn't helpful as it is so unbelievably open ended. It also doesn't give me a direction to head in.

I think you should get coaching if you hit a wall or think there is something you think you need to understand better. I used to coach a bit and as coach it was also a learning experience. It helped me understand verbally the things I did naturally. Something that I've considered getting into again during the downtime. As a student it was also valuable. I felt I had hit a wall somewhere and wanted help over the obstacle. I doubt that a coach at any point for any reason would negatively impact your game unless the coach themselves was worse than you.
    Last edited by aka_red; 05-31-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    bump, hi. how do you study (assuming you now do as opposed to a few months back)? or do you just discuss pokers with your roommates now?

also, long time no talk ;o
    Hi, I'm bored and drunk too... No question just drunk what eva...
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    I'm coming to montreal at the end of the month for a bachelor party. want to go give unclean women money they didn't earn honestly with me?
    I'm really bored too.

Dozer, I'd follow you into a tijuana donkey show and pay the bar tab.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by KillsAids View Post
    bump, hi. how do you study (assuming you now do as opposed to a few months back)? or do you just discuss pokers with your roommates now?

also, long time no talk ;o
    i typically just review hands i play after my sessions at some point if i dont think i played too well. typically when i think i play well ill realize what i should be doing as im playing the hand so don't feel the need to review. outside of that i am trying to start going over some things that i don't understand fully. generally i know and apply the concept but haven't read or talked about it explicitly. and i think that doing that helps me to understand it better and apply it better.

i dont have any roommates i left montreal already
    ur alive!!
    Where are you living now?

Why did you leave montreal so soon?

Tits or ass?

Blondes or Brunettes? Redheads?
    cock sauce and anything asian is great
    Woa. A member was getting bored and I see there are many others to give him company. Very nice to see that.