Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

TP facing river donk bet from unknown 200NL

Default TP facing river donk bet from unknown 200NL

Not much info on villain, only played one orbit with him so far and he folded the one hand he played postflop. He is not a full ring reg but don't know if he is bad or not. He bought in for 100bb but this is cake where autoreload kicks in after you lose 10% of your stack so can't just assume he might not be good since he didn't auto reload.

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (9 handed)

Hero (CO) ($363.61)
    Button ($200)
    SB ($201)
    BB ($188.11)
    UTG ($242.91)
    UTG+1 ($210.68)
    MP1 ($277.11)
    MP2 ($200)
    MP3 ($207.60)

Preflop: Hero is CO with ,
    UTG bets $4, 4 folds, Hero calls $4, 2 folds, BB calls $2

Flop: ($13) , , (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $8.67, BB calls $8.67, 1 fold

Turn: ($30.34) (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $16, BB calls $16

River: ($62.34) (2 players)
    BB bets $44
    Not a big fan of pre. Don't know why river isn't an easy fold as we don't know whether he's bad or not.

I like your play but in the river may be it´s better fold than call
    What are they trying to represent on the river? Jack-ten? They check call the turn and then lead out on the river? Seems like a busted flush draw. Maybe they hit 2 pair on the river but I feel like you are good
    Why such small bets? Typically fold but I can't imagine playing in an environment where I don't know someone is a donk or not
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketfours View Post
    Not a big fan of pre. Don't know why river isn't an easy fold as we don't know whether he's bad or not.
    What he said . He probably had a set of 8's or 9's ?
    Very small turn bet and is there a reason that you forgot to mention for calling pre ? Like fish in the blinds or something ?
    And don't want to be out of line here, (I'm way under 200nl),but are you a reg at these stakes on cake ?
    Also, I have no idea, is HeM working on Cake ?
    I doubt he is taking this line with a jack in his hand but by the river I am repping extremely thin..only boats. His bet sizing makes me think he is leaving room to fold. Should I have bluffed the turn? He is giving me a good price to hit my outs but I think raising the turn I can rep wider and still have outs the times I do get called. Not sure what the best line would have been.