Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumSmall Stakes NL Hold'em

2NL AdKc Help Wanted

Default 2NL AdKc Help Wanted

Winning Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - Winning Poker Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

SB ($3.15)
    BB ($3.91)
    UTG ($2.08)
    MP ($3.32)
    CO ($2)
    Hero (Button) ($1.97)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, A
    UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises $0.09, 1 fold, BB calls $0.07, UTG calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.28) A, 2, 4 (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, 1 fold

Villain stats - 37/24/47/2.3/138

I will post the rest after PF and Flop analysis. Don't forget about CB for me.
    Last edited by Mcash2; 06-18-2017 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcash2 View Post
    Winning Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - Winning Poker Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

SB ($3.15)
    BB ($3.91)
    UTG ($2.08)
    MP ($3.32)
    CO ($2)
    Hero (Button) ($1.97)

UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises $0.09, 1 fold, BB calls $0.07, UTG calls $0.07

Villain stats - 37/24/47/2.3/138

I will post the rest after PF and Flop analysis. Don't forget about CB for me.
    Dude, this is exactly why you need to get PT4. A lot of this depends on villains stats, as well as our reads compiled on him. If he's a fish and he's loose on the flop, you can even pot this flop and he will call it with all sorts of garbage/draws. Also, fish are completely oblivious to ranges by position. They play the same cards, and expect you to, no matter where they're positioned in 6max. As a result, it's extremely easy to get a lot of money in the pot and out kick these guys with top pair or top two.

edit: Just saw villain's stats posted so maybe you already are using a HUD? Import the hands directly from there, then. Anyway, with those stats, I'd pot the flop as said.
    Last edited by BigSlickBaby; 06-18-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    Using DriveHUD. Doesn't have HH export to this specific forum. I have to do the cut-n-paste thing.
    Seems fine for value and protection. I'd normally go a little bit smaller multiway as a default to give me a better price on my bluffs and save me some money when I bet fold. We probably don't have many bluffs in this spot though and can get called by worse for a larger sizing.

Check is interesting idea when we hold Kc.
    Preflop size of 4.5bb is fine for iso. Flop cbet size of 10bb (20c) or 14bb (psb) makes no discernable difference. 2NLers are calling either size with any 5x, any 3x, flush draw, worse Ax, sometimes even 4x or 2x , pocket pairs, and worse Ax for sure. Not many hands beat you since combos are limited. That said, arguing the flop sizing here is kinda nit picky. I guess by betting bigger it gives UTG worse odds to make an overcall but whatevs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcash2 View Post
    Using DriveHUD. Doesn't have HH export to this specific forum. I have to do the cut-n-paste thing.
    They're working on DriveHUD daily but yes, as of right now PT4 is of course miles ahead of it. That said, for BOL - DriveHUD is as good as it gets. I know for a fact that the large majority of guys on that site aren't using a HUD whereas on WPN, almost everyone is.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGrinder View Post
    Preflop size of 4.5bb is fine for iso. Flop cbet size of 10bb (20c) or 14bb (psb) makes no discernable difference. 2NLers are calling either size with any 5x, any 3x, flush draw, worse Ax, sometimes even 4x or 2x , pocket pairs, and worse Ax for sure. Not many hands beat you since combos are limited. That said, arguing the flop sizing here is kinda nit picky. I guess by betting bigger it gives UTG worse odds to make an overcall but whatevs.
    It is extremely nit picky but this is how you put together a winrate on those stakes on that network. It teaches you to squeeze every single cent of value out of people because even 2 or 3 extra bb on a hand could be the difference between a winning and break even player. The most advanced micros material you can study out there today emphasizes this kind of play heavily.
    V - 37/24/47/2.3/138

Winning Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - Winning Poker Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

SB ($3.15)
    BB ($3.91)
    UTG ($2.08)
    MP ($3.32)
    CO ($2)
    Hero (Button) ($1.97)

Turn: ($0.68) Q (2 players)
    BB bets $0.65, Hero raises to $1.68 (All-In), BB calls $1.03

River: ($4.04) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.04 | Rake: $0.14

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Hero had K, A (one pair, Aces).
    BB had 4, Q (two pair, Queens and fours).
    Outcome: BB won $3.84
    When he donks pot (essentially) on the turn what exactly do you think he is doing this for? When a villain is doing really retarded stuff putting him on a range at every street is hard, for example it wouldn't be that ridiculous* to assume he's not calling Q4o pre-flop but against bad players we can gather a lot more information from active decisions like choosing to bet the turn as apposed to more passive decisions like clicking call.

If the software has it available you need to be making notes on this type of thing. Calling Q4o in the BB is awful & donking pot when he spikes two pair on the turn, of which neither card is the high card.

*Yet clearly wrong as shown by this hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    When he donks pot (essentially) on the turn what exactly do you think he is doing this for? When a villain is doing really retarded stuff putting him on a range at every street is hard, for example it wouldn't be that ridiculous* to assume he's not calling Q4o pre-flop but against bad players we can gather a lot more information from active decisions like choosing to bet the turn as apposed to more passive decisions like clicking call.

If the software has it available you need to be making notes on this type of thing. Calling Q4o in the BB is awful & donking pot when he spikes two pair on the turn, of which neither card is the high card.

When it comes to things like this, 2NL will always be 2NL. It's just much, much harder to extract value when you do hit a hand today. Rec networks very often play out like "bet, bet, bet, shove" and that just doesn't fly here most of the time. These guys are loose preflop and tight aggressive on the turn and river. They love bluffing and attempting to steal pots and once you show any weakness and if you even give off the hint of being afraid of losing money, the whole table starts 3betting you like crazy. As said, you can turn on 10NL on BOL and see just absolutely atrocious play compared to 2NL and 5NL on WPN. Still, you'll definitely still see atrocious play on WPN micros, just far less.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSlickBaby View Post
    As said, you can turn on 10NL on BOL and see just absolutely atrocious play compared to 2NL and 5NL on WPN. Still, you'll definitely still see atrocious play on WPN micros, just far less.
    Which begs the question, why play on ACR at all? I'm not trolling, it's a serious question. I just don't understand why someone would want to bang their heads against the wall to make pennies per hour when you can easily go to BOL, Merge, Ignition, etc and play tons of fish and actually build a bankroll. To not seek out the most profitable games is just irresponsible and unprofessional because long-term winning poker is, has and always will be about sitting with players worse than you.
    Last edited by StarGrinder; 06-20-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    Which begs the question, why play on ACR at all? I'm not trolling, it's a serious question. I just don't understand why someone would want to bang their heads against the wall to make pennies per hour when you can easily go to BOL, Merge, Ignition, etc and play tons of fish and actually build a bankroll. To not seek out the most profitable games is just irresponsible and unprofessional because long-term winning poker is, has and always will be about sitting with players worse than you.
    This is a great question. Here's the deal: I can't play on Ignition because I'm a New York resident. They only take old grandfathered Bovada accounts from New York. They haven't taken new players from a few of the big states in a couple of years or more now. I have a Horizon account (used to be Intertops) and it's the best deal. If you take the software, the 36% rakeback, the VIP program, the regular redeposit bonuses which are easy to clear, etc - It's great. The one thing is that there's virtually zero traffic and the site doesn't seem interested in boosting their poker traffic. It's been this way for ages.

So, this leaves BOL and WPN. BOL has no rake back but it does have a progressive rake race, although until you're at 25NL+ you really don't have a chance at landing a spot on the leaderboard. The software has been updated recently and though that did make it drastically better, it's still not anywhere near on par with WPN. WPN is the closest to Stars that it gets for a US player. BOL does not support PT4/HM2 without a converter and even then it's buggy. DriveHUD is a great HUD, but this requires learning everything about two huds on two different networks. Not the worst thing but I'd rather just use PT4 for everything. Lastly, you're really not learning proper poker and plugging your leaks in the micros on BOL. If anything, you start getting away with too much and developing bad habits. As such, I wanted to put in a good 25,000 hands or so on WPN 2NL before going back over to BOL. The plan is to go back to 4NL 6max there, hopefully crush it (as I was even a year ago) and get to 10NL as soon as possible. Soon thereafter, I'll hopefully be able to bump to 5NL on WPN.

You're right, though: Ultimately, the roll will be (and has been) built on BOL. You can legitimately just print money in the micros there and I'll go back to doing that soon. I just wanted to dig into the game deeper than ever and numerous WPN sessions with extensive post game analysis is serving me much better than the fish farm over on BOL. Further, they usually have redeposit bonuses on BOL once every 3-5 months. I'm waiting for the next one, will put some more money down, and then just grind it out on there.

I would do anything to just be able to access ROW Stars and never look back.
    Fair enough man. I have 35% RB on Black Chip but it's still not enough to make up for the idiocy you see on other networks. Donkaments seem soft enough tho but cash games are meh. I haven't played anything higher than 100nl on there tho so I can't speak for other stakes. Sorry to hijack the thread... carry on.
    How do you get 35% RB on BCP? An extra 8% would be nice.
    IDK I've had 35% since BCP was on Merge.
    IDK I've had 35% since BCP was on Merge.
    ?? BlackChip is on WPN. You're accessing ACR/BCP games from Merge? Wtf...
    LOL no. Black Chip used to be on the Merge Network. This was years ago, prob around 2012.
    LOL no. Black Chip used to be on the Merge Network. This was years ago, prob around 2012.
    Ah... I see. And they just left your rb at 35%. Not bad.
    If it's unusual for this villain to c/c flop then donk turn at pot size on Axxx vs raiser, then this is a clear fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post

I agree, whip me daddy!!