Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Limit Holdem and Poker Books

Default Limit Holdem and Poker Books

I know this site is dedicated to NL, I was just wondering if anyone else plays Limit. I've been playing Limit while i'm reading my poker books, I plan to return to NL once i've read and understood these books. I've bought.

Super System << read once (not including non holdem game sections)

Lee Jones Winning Low Limit (Thought this was excellent book for Limit)
    ***** (Read 1 and 1/2 times)

Texas Holdem S&M (I think i ordered the wrong book i wanted the advanced one DOH ) Read Half

Teaxas Holdem Tourney Play S&M (I rate this book, excellent tourney book) I've read half of this book and the last 2 tourneys i've played i've won one and placed second in the other where i was the chip leader and ran into AK heads up at the end.

Well this post went off on a tangent but feel free to reply about the Limit or any of these books or others
    Poker is all about the long long long long long long long term . . .
    Barney's back . . . back again . . .
    I've been playing limit more often..

The local tables around me are limit 3/6 - 5/10 - 10/20

So if I want to play a table game It has to be limit so I've been reading more on limit play. (where I started)
    I played limit, switched to NL Largely in part because of hte information here, and now I'm spending more time in Limit.

Now my games are mostly Limit ring games and NL tourneys.

( sorry guys, my NL ring game is way off right now, need to take a break.. )
    Well if you play Limit on PartyPoker and see me there, don't take all my moeny off me

Also i'll add its deff worth a shop around at the limit tables as most of the time you can find big fish sux to be on a table full of rocks although its easier to steal the blinds...
    That was me, i keep forgetting to log in :P
    Poker is all about the long long long long long long long term . . .
    Barney's back . . . back again . . .
    [quote="Anonymous"]Well if you play Limit on PartyPoker and see me there, don't take all my moeny off me quote]

If i know its you i won't sit at the table. There are plenty of other people out there to swap $$$ with.

If we do end up at the same table together though don't think we'll be friends. I'll check raise you or anyone else just the same. Afterwards we can go have a beer or whatever, but while we're at the table there are no friends.

I messed up this weekend, I mucked a good hand to a friend of mine. I actually though I had him beat but didn't want to get into it with him. Besides he's a friend and was shortstacked..

The pot ended up going over $90 and I would have won with my full boat!

Nothing personal.. its just money.
    Yeah, same here. mike4066 and I happened to be at the same table once but it was totally a coincidence and I didn't even notice him there until I was there for about 10-15 minutes.

I would not have even sat down at his table had I noticed him there in the first place. Like he said, there are a lot of tables and no need to sit down and take away potential action from another member of this forum.

He's right in that it is all about money and nothing is personal. So if you ever sit down at a table with someone from this forum don't expect anyone to go soft on you. No one here is a dickhead, but at the tables you will easily go off your game if you start thinking about taking it easy on someone and take your mind off your strategy.
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    I heard phil hellmuth's book is great, and it mostly talks about limit, besides at 15 bucks, thats half the price of most poker books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingguitarist18
    I heard phil hellmuth's book is great, and it mostly talks about limit, besides at 15 bucks, thats half the price of most poker books.
    I read hellmuth's book.. I wasn't bad. He has you betting ALOT more than I feel you should. If you bet like he says to then you'l lend up with a maniac table image.

I just sold mine on ebay last week

BTW there is probably a reason its half price..
    well thats what I expected, hellmuth isn't known for being passive, an aggressive strategy is what I expect from his book. People either seem to love his book or hate it with a passion.