Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Getting Empire bonus if already using PP

Default Getting Empire bonus if already using PP

Sorry if this is a repeat, seems like I remember reading but now can't find it. I've only been playing at PP. Is there a problem getting the 20% new deposit bonus at Empire since they are somewhat related?
    I was able to do this but, as you said, since they are related sites, I had to do it under another screen name. I could not use the same screen name that I use under Party Poker. Although I did put in all of the same contact information and they still gave me the deposit bonus. They also sent me a free $10 recently because I hadn't played on Empire for a couple of months and they were most likely sending it as a way of enticing me back. I have news for ya... it worked!
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    Creating a new screen name for $100 is no problem. Thanks jm.
    Yeah, I agree. I was a bit surprised because as I said, I did use my same contact information (e-mail address, home address, etc) when setting up my Empire account in case I ever want checks mailed to me. I guess they don't do any sort of check for that in their system. Or else they don't care.
    "The urge to gamble is so universal and it's practice is so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil." - Heywood Broun
    I tried that with a different screenname and it didn't let me. Something came up about the shared table platform and how I was already using party poker and couldn't have an account at both.
    Did you have partypoker still installed on your system when you started empire? Were you using the same computer. I want that bonus for empire but it won't let me do it.
    BoondockSaint - I first downloaded and installed Party Poker and signed up for them using a bonus code. I then received an e-mail from Empire Poker referencing a signup bonus. So, I downloaded their software and installed it. Party Poker was, and still is, installed on the same PC (I only have one).

I tried to use the same screen name I use on Party Poker just for ease of remembering all of the screen names and so forth but it told me that another user already had that screen name. Since Party and Empire are affiliated in some manner I assumed that that person having my screen name was ME and that it was referring to my account on Party Poker. I simply changed the screen name by one character and used the identical contact information that I used to signup on Party Poker and I was able to sign-up and receive the signup bonus from Empire.

I only use one computer so my IP address is the same on all accounts and I have Party Poker, Empire Poker, Ultimate Bet and Paradise Poker all installed on my PC.

I did this back in early February. So, I'm not sure if they have since cracked down on this type of thing or what.

For anyone who knows, do Party Poker and Empire Poker share ALL of the exact same tables or are there tables that are shared between the two as well as tables that are exclusive to each site?
    Yeah thats weird cause thats the time I tried it and I never even tried to use the same screenname because I downloaded it first and did a little investigation and they are all the exact same tables except for the specialty tournaments. I can still spectate and everything without and account but it wont even let me create a play account. Im going to try it again tonight though now that I know it may still work. Thanks for the info.
    Oops I just checked my post when I talked about it before on here and I guess it was march 7th when I tried it before so maybe they did crack down on it.