Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Reporting spam posts/threads

Default Reporting spam posts/threads

I just wanted to thank everyone that routinely uses the report feature whenever they come across spam. It's a big help in policing the BC. I'm not nearly as active as I once was in the BC, so at times I might not see the offenses as quickly as some of you will. So if you can keep reporting offenses whenever you run across it, I can try to keep the BC as clean as possible.
    I usually bitch in the box every time I report something, but I'll do so here too: it would be excellent if I could leave said box blank and still report somebody. I'm qualified etc. so clearly am not a robot reporting everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    so clearly am not a robot reporting everything.
    suspected robot, reported.
    from a reply when i requested similar in the upgradid vbulletin thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I get an email when you report a post and I check it out anyway so explanation isn't all that important TBH as it's normally pretty obvious what's wrong with the post
    That only furthers the argument that I shouldn't have to enter characters when reporting
    There's also a time limit until you can report again. It's less than a minute, but a bit annoying when someone has spammed multiple threads.
    Don't bother reporting multiple instances of the same user spamming. When we kill one spam post by a user we'll delete all posts by them at the same time.

Also plz refrain from hilarious joke reports of kiwimark (I'm looking at you eug). We all know kiwimark is spamming and all mods don't need to hear about it every time
    then why no ban?
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    then why no ban?
    I didn't ban you because I don't want to deal with all the associated paperwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    I didn't ban you because I don't want to deal with all the associated paperwork.
    this is the major reason why i dont go on a banning spree
    Quote Originally Posted by TOITWORIE View Post
    I believe those that offer income to the site. Also, he is definitely awareness. Payment term was used.
    Oh, the irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean Counter View Post
    Oh, the irony.
    You got that post off maybe 20 seconds before I deleted those posts and banned those guys.
    You missed one ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    damn it's been a whole day and it still burns.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    damn it's been a whole day and it still burns.
    I joke, i joke. I don't think I've ever had the urge to ban you. You're in the minority though