Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Gauntlet: The Online Poker League

2014 FTR Gauntlet Season XI: Game 3

Default 2014 FTR Gauntlet Season XI: Game 3

Date: April 23, 2014
    Time: 4:00 PM ET (9:00 PM GMT)
    Structure: 5k starting chips @ 15/30, 10 minute blinds
    Late reg: 10 minutes

Welcome to the third game of the Gauntlet XI!

The game can be accessed through the Home Game group only. Details on how to join can be found here.

All side bets are otherwise encouraged.

5K chips, 6 max for the games this week
    Last edited by givememyleg; 04-23-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    I pre-registered and may be a bit late but I'll be hurr.
    I'm fine with someone preregistering and showing up. I have issue with people that just preregister with no concern for whether they show up or not. Everyone gets one chance.
    9pm UK Wednesdays and Sundays. I'm setting a recurring alarm on my phone for 8pm; that way I can avoid registering if I'm going out, because otherwise it's inevitable I'll register at 6pm and then get a phone call saying "PUB" and I'll just grab my wallet and fuck off without a care.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    well that's up to u ,every body got a life after poker, but it takes a minute to unreg
    It takes you a whole minute to unreg?

How long it takes it besides the point. It's remembering I'm registered, I'm prone to just shutting down my comp and going out. Having said that, it's pissing down outside, fuck that shit.
    ongies gonna ong
    I'm In

I finally d/l the client and applied to join the group if someone is around who can approve im in.

Seeing Stars again made me very very sad
    Hurry up and otherthrow your crappy government.
    ongies gonna ong
    lolgg.
    Cuthburtt is in, sorry I was late to the party today
    my fault for leaving it for the last minute. I should be playing all the weds
    Get in!!! As soon as bean went it was easy.
    ongies gonna ong
    sitouts ruining the gauntlet exemplified by yesterdays game with ong and bean having 3 sitouts and raping there blinds and building big stacks and getting a huge advantage.
    gl to all the regs playing these games. I need to install the various poker clients on my new PC, will do it over the weekend mebbe
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Get in!!! As soon as bean went it was easy.
    WP. Would have been an injustice if you didn't take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    sitouts ruining the gauntlet exemplified by yesterdays game with ong and bean having 3 sitouts and raping there blinds and building big stacks and getting a huge advantage.
    I reject any allegations of soft play involving me and Ong.

@Ong:
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    two more kicked out and Ong wont't make enough games to matter :0
    Actually the sitters worked in bean's favour but not really mine, bean was jesus seating me. My stack came from busting ImSavy, I didn't emerge from the sitouts all that richer, although it helped only having to fight with bean. Plus I'd dropped down to 4th out of 4. I earned my victory bitches.

WP. Would have been an injustice if you didn't take it down.
    Cheers!
    ongies gonna ong
    Can someone who played last night post the Tournament ID#. I need the tourn Summary and the game is gone from the group already
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Can someone who played last night post the Tournament ID#. I need the tourn Summary and the game is gone from the group already
    I was able to get it and update.

FYI to all:

2 users in game 3 haven't linked their accounts and won't be given any points.

9: brencelj
    12: hiphopdog99

Any user not yet linked by game 4 will be kicked out of the home games group.

Details here.
    hiphopdog has already been booted for registering early and failing to show.
    I wanted to post savy's bust hand because he didn't like my call, but I can't seem to retrieve hh's from freerolls.

something like...

Savy opens ep, ong calls button QJo

Flop KTx 2tone, savy bets ong calls
    Turn Qs, 3rd spade, savy bets ong calls (I have no spade)
    River A, savy checks, ong bets, savy shoves, ong calls, savy shows A7o

When he shoves river he has flushes and air always. I don't see why a jack would c/jam river when it only gets called by chops and flushes, so he's repping thin imo. This river is a great scare card, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think he's trying to push me off my hand here. Maybe he thinks I will and should fold a jack, idk. He argued I should fold turn and I think he has more grounds here, I certainly considered it, but once I see this river I'm not folding, and it's not outrageous for me to think there's value here because a) he can call thinking I'm bluffing, and b) he can spazz his air.

Anyone think I should muck?
    ongies gonna ong
    No correct call HU but think I would have raised his call on flop.

Last edited by hebridian; 04-25-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I wanted to post savy's bust hand because he didn't like my call, but I can't seem to retrieve hh's from freerolls.

something like...

Savy opens ep, ong calls button QJo

Flop KTx 2tone, savy bets ong calls
    Turn Qs, 3rd spade, savy bets ong calls (I have no spade)
    River A, savy checks, ong bets, savy shoves, ong calls, savy shows A7o

When he shoves river he has flushes and air always. I don't see why a jack would c/jam river when it only gets called by chops and flushes, so he's repping thin imo. This river is a great scare card, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think he's trying to push me off my hand here. Maybe he thinks I will and should fold a jack, idk. He argued I should fold turn and I think he has more grounds here, I certainly considered it, but once I see this river I'm not folding, and it's not outrageous for me to think there's value here because a) he can call thinking I'm bluffing, and b) he can spazz his air.

Anyone think I should muck?
    seems fine, yo.
    Is awful and it's obviously awful. Not that the shove on my part that great and it was As7x.

Also I didn't open A7o in EP it was the CO as two people were sat out and joker isn't very good & was very nitty.
    Last edited by Savy; 04-25-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Oh yeah sitters, so we're effectively 4handed. I forgot to mention that. But that surely means I'm well within my rights holding ground with 2nd pair + oesd. To me, river wasn't close. I thought about it but concluded a jack doesn't c/r and a flush leads after leading flop and turn. Your river line felt iffy so no way I'm folding when I lose to only a flush. Turn felt close but the queen gave me more outs vs your AK, it puts me ahead of your bluffs, I felt it was the right side of marginal considering I'm not actually risking anything. Flop is pretty easy peel seeing as I'm in position. I'm fighting for top 3 in a 20-odd player battle so I'm not gonna wait to catch people with the nuts, I'm gonna have to take risks sometimes, especially since I know you folk are capable of moves. Turn was questionable but calling turn folding river wasn't gonna cripple me, while binking and getting stacks in would set me up to go deep. I don't think it's awful, and it's certainly not obviously awful.
    ongies gonna ong
    Love the river chk jam when you have the flush or Jx, since villain is nearly always Jx here when he takes this line and is rarely folding (but we can force him off the chop a small percentage of the time). As it is, you don't have a bunch of flushes in your range plus it's the gauntlet and it's you so ong's never folding, especially when the standard line would be to bet with straights and flushes (but your line is better IMO).