Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

AK, cold 4b

Default AK, cold 4b

Villain is a TAG, has squeezed my BU raise and an SB caller and I folded. This time this happened:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($71.45)
    MP ($50)
    Hero (CO) ($52.80)
    Button ($45.70)
    SB ($73.10)
    BB ($140.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A
    UTG raises to $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, SB raises to $15, Hero?
    Was villain's squeeze the very last hand? If it was the last hand, I might be tempted to fold this. It's definitely close though. It depends if you perceive him as just a crazy aggro player or a thinking player who will realize he seems to be getting out of line.

If he just squeezed you and is thinking, he probably expects you to jam light here or something. He's also cold 4-betting when the opening raise is UTG so thats more strength.

I think it's definitely close but I'd need better reads on villain to know whats best. If he's just crazy aggro I'll ship it. If he's thinking and recognizes the flow and image he's portraying, I might fold this with difficulty.
    I folded, he 4b me cold again like the next hand, I shoved my AK and he showed 99 :/
    Seems close but I mean he's never doing this and folding. If he's done this before he might be the type to have a wider 3betting/squeezing for value/4betting range such as 99+/AQ+ (maybe a bad perceived range) or something so I think it's fine to shove.