Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

Good Shove Here on the Turn?

Default Good Shove Here on the Turn?

This micro stakes shit has me spooked sometimes. Everyone seems so damn tricky.

Anyway, wondering what some of you think about this hand. Villain is typical tagg. I figured him for AK, KK, QQ or maybe even JJ. Only hand from his range that beat me was AK. I thought this was a good shove but what do y'all think?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

UTG ($7.86)
    MP ($4.51)
    Hero ($4.70)
    Button ($4.89)
    SB ($7.60)
    BB ($4.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
    2 folds, Hero raises to $0.2, Button raises to $0.7, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.47) A, 9, T (2 players)
    Hero bets $1, Button calls $1.

Turn: ($3.47) 6 (2 players)
    Hero bets $3 (All-In), Button calls $3.

River: ($9.47) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $9.47

Results in white below:
    Hero has Ac Qs (two pair, aces and nines).
    Button has Kd Ks (two pair, kings and nines).
    Outcome: Hero wins $9.47.
    Against a typical TAG at these limits you can fold AQo out of position preflop
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanglow
    Yep, I'm quite the lag-tard when it comes to 6-max ring.
    Guess I got lucky on the flop and villain's range was spot-on. Still though, I rarely shove a TPGK-type hand so I felt the need to post and be shunned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezza Morta
    Guess I got lucky on the flop and villain's range was spot-on. Still though, I rarely shove a TPGK-type hand so I felt the need to post and be shunned.
    Oooohh - read up on SPRs imo. SPR 2.4 is great for stacking off with TPGK.

Deanglow is correct to mention that this raise (a proper sized 3bet) at these stakes will happen with AA and KK. Only. A lot of people at these limits do gaybets and min-raises and similar crap because they don't understand what they are failing to accomplish - the ones who do proper 'standard' bet sizing normally fall on the nitty side of the fence and only 3bets AA and KK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erpel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezza Morta
    Oooohh - read up on SPRs imo. SPR 2.4 is great for stacking off with TPGK.

Deanglow is correct to mention that this raise (a proper sized 3bet) at these stakes will happen with AA and KK. Only. A lot of people at these limits do gaybets and min-raises and similar crap because they don't understand what they are failing to accomplish - the ones who do proper 'standard' bet sizing normally fall on the nitty side of the fence and only 3bets AA and KK.
    I see what you mean here because I 3-bet a lot with all sorts of hands and usually people seem to give me credit for having a big hand when I c-bet the flop. It's unreal to think that most players only 3-bet those 2 hands at these stakes. I guess when I think about though, I rarely see 3-bets at $5 and $10NL but at $50NL+ players were 3-betting like spider monkeys.
    spider monkeys 3 bet?
    "This sure beats Super Mario Bros.!" is my ejaculation catch phrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATOTHEC101
    spider monkeys 3 bet?
    LMAO. Why not? Anything's possible. :P
    Calling 3 bets with AQo against people with tight 3 betting ranges is going to cost you a lot of money. It is a reverse implied odds hand in this case. For example on this board you are dominated by a lot of his range.

As played though is pretty standard. In this case you stacked him with worse, nh.