Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

How many tables of 6 max do you play at once?

View Poll Results: How many tables of 6 max do you play at once?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll

12 34.29%

16 45.71%

4 11.43%
  • More than 3

3 8.57%

Default How many tables of 6 max do you play at once?

See the poll. 6 max is much faster, at the moment a only play one table (just started playing 6 max), looking to find out how many the majority of 6 max players around here play.
    I generally play two, and often i'll throw in a sng, tourney or even a limit game on the side.
    Most of the time just one. I rely on reads way too much, I'm sure if I had Poker Tracker I would be doing two or three regularly. (Don't worry, I'm getting it this weekend!!)
    Lack of Discipline and Over-Confidence... The root of all poker evil.
    one
    The artist formerly known as Knish
    Only mediocre players are always at their best.
    Phil Ivey Owns You
    between 2 and 3.

Check out my videos at Grinderschool.com

More Full Ring NLHE Cash videos than ANY other poker training site. Training starts at $10/month.
    usually 1-2..i'm pretty new to 6 max so im tryin to get used to it a little still
    We should try a competition to see who can play the most 6max tables (with success) for like 12 hours straight.

This could so be a hardcore ironman competition.

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I play 4.. Am I playing too many? I'm profiting and my play seems well.

Rilla, I did 4 25NL 6 max for 7 hours straight, do I win?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Estrop
    I play 4.. Am I playing too many? I'm profiting and my play seems well.

Rilla, I did 4 25NL 6 max for 7 hours straight, do I win?!
    You never win.

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I only play one when I am new to the stakes, but usually move up to two after a while. Never got comfortable with 3.
    He who drinks beer sleeps well.
    He who sleeps well cannot sin.
    He who does not sin goes to Heaven.
    I seen somene play eight 8-max tables many hours today, so six 6-max tables should be doable.

I can comfortably play five 10max or four 8-max tables. Four 6max tables is a bit too fast for me though, 3 tables I can play comfortably.
    Quote Originally Posted by storm75m
    Most of the time just one. I rely on reads way too much, I'm sure if I had Poker Tracker I would be doing two or three regularly. (Don't worry, I'm getting it this weekend!!)
    How does Pokertracker help you play more tables?

Do you mean playerview and such programs?

I only use run pokertracker and load my handhistories after I'm done playing.
    I play 2 tables regularly, I tried 3 but found it hurt the finer points of my game, as couldn't pick up enough reads with the diverted attention.
    I can play two comfortably but usually just play one, and devote some attention to other matters on the side. I think more than two is too many for me. Full ring I can do three or four.

I agree with the opinion that 6max is too fast and too dependent on reads for heavy multi-tabling to be a good strategy. I win a lot of hands a day that I wouldn't if I didn't have such a good read on my opponent.
    How does PokerTracker help you play more tables?

Do you mean playerview and such programs?

I only use run PokerTracker and load my handhistories after I'm done playing.

After playing 4 tables of 6-max with PT and Gametime+ and then trying to without them, it's just totally different. Harder to read opponents, knowing who to bet into when they check to you etc, because you cannot track so many players at once.

4+ tabling 6-max at higher stakes is probably difficult, because of the need for more detailed reads, but at 25NL with PT and Gametime+, it's easy
    i start w/ 3, then wait to see which of the tables i like, and then usually settle on 2. i can keep up w/ three, but i prefer to pay more attention to better tables.
    In answer to your question... it depends...
    alias2211.com poker
    I play 3 tables of limit 6 max usually.
    Poker is freedom
    Two tables is pretty easy to do so i start out with that. Then after i have a good feel for those tables ill add another. Yesterday was the first day i tried to play 4 tables of 6 max at once. I dropped over a grand earlier and wanted to make it back fast, which i did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocco_Bill
    I can comfortably play five 10max or four 8-max tables. Four 6max tables is a bit too fast for me though, 3 tables I can play comfortably.
    I take that back. I have now successfully 4-tabled my first ~20k hands of 6-max averaging about $47/hr.
    I play 2 at lower limits (add the second one after im comfortable with the first) and usually have an sng/mtt on in the background as well but quit to the mtts if i start hitting short stack or the last 20 or so.
    Struggling at mo with work hours and the fact i moved to absolute and comp is too crap to run more than 1 table!
    arggggh
    I play nl200, mainly with 3 tables but sometimes 4. 3 is relaxed for me and 4 tend to be more for when I feal sharp.

1 or 2 is for when I'm doing something else on the side.
    I like to play just 1 table with 1-2 other people preferrably with shortstacks. They are so easy to bully and destack. Usually, I'll play 2 tables though because those tables are hard to find it seems, but when I do man are they profitable.