Default Flush draw + Gutshot vs Aggression

No reads, 2nd hand at the table.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter

MP ($29.6)
    Button ($27.08)
    SB ($18.65)
    Hero ($25)
    UTG ($21.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 9. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
    1 fold, MP calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, Hero raises to $1.75, MP folds, Button calls $1.75, SB folds.

Flop: ($4.50) T, 4, Q (2 players)
    Hero bets $4, Button raises to $25 and is all in, Hero.....?
    Calls without a second thought, you have way too many outs to fold. Gamb0l it up man!
    TylerK: its just gambling if i want to worry about money i'll go to work lol
    You're a coinflip against tptk and top set, a 70% dog to , against a slowplayed AA including the ace of clubs, you're a slight dog as well.

I seriously doubt you're up against any sets though.
    Against all the random bullshit you'll be seeing in this spot, to show them how gangster you are, and considering the money already in the pot if you are (at worst) a coinflip, its a call. If you aren't comfortable playing coinflips, then wait for a better time to get this fish.

So why raise this hand from the big blind? What kind of action are you gonna get if you hit a king? Did the weak limpers just piss you off?
    He who drinks beer sleeps well.
    He who sleeps well cannot sin.
    He who does not sin goes to Heaven.
    I imagine he's just trying to buy the pot with the initial raise, Smackin.

As for the flop action, call. You're in pretty good shape here. More than likely he just has top pair or QT here, and you have a lot of live outs.
    if this is only your 2nd hand at the table, i wouldn't be raising K9s from the bb
    Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter

MP ($29.6)
    Button ($27.08)
    SB ($18.65)
    Hero ($25)
    UTG ($21.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 9. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
    1 fold, MP calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, Hero raises to $1.75, MP folds, Button calls $1.75, SB folds.

Flop: ($4.50) T, 4, Q (2 players)
    Hero bets $4, Button calls $25.08 (All-In), Hero calls $19 (All-In).

Turn: ($52.58) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($52.58) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $52.58

Results in white below:
    Hero has Kc 9c (one pair, kings).
    Button has Th Td (three of a kind, tens).
    Outcome: Button wins $52.58.

The reason I raised preflop is because I like to make a hand and build possibly huge pots with hands with the flush and straight possibility like K9s, that and me being a LAgg. :P
    You see K9s as having straight possibilities? Yeesh. I respected that move more when I thought you were stealing. Don't build pots with hands like K9 suited, you'll rarely hit a monster with that hand and when you do (the flush), it will be pretty obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by dalecooper
    You see K9s as having straight possibilities? Yeesh. I respected that move more when I thought you were stealing. Don't build pots with hands like K9 suited, you'll rarely hit a monster with that hand and when you do (the flush), it will be pretty obvious.
    This was a TAggy kinda table, I was pretty sure I had the best hand here. So I wanted to get some $ in the pot in the (almost certain) knowledge that my hand wins more times here.
    Against TAGs, I doubt K9s is the best hand preflop. The point of playing worse starting hands against people who play tighter is not building pots, but just stealing them and running people over. Then you hope that one of your hands hits something real, and that they play back at you at a good time.

Of course, I have no place to speak about raising some less than stellar hands, but it just seemed like an easier place to check and see a free flop out of position.

That set sure is a surprise, I didn't think anybody would play it that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackinYaUp
    That set sure is a surprise, I didn't think anybody would play it that hard.
    I think it's well-played... he has a pre-flop raiser betting into him; it's a draw-heavy board with both flush and straight out there, even the gutshot broadway straight if his opponent holds AK; and since his opponent threw down a hefty raise pre-flop (7xBB) there's the strong possibility of an overpair, which will call the all-in almost definitely. He got his money in with a pretty good shot at getting called, and being the obvious favorite. Circumstances make it a good idea to play it this hard, but on a different board or against more passive players, this wouldn't be smart.
    its your 2nd hand at the table, you have no way of knowing if it was TAGy or not.

also, i dont think theres a problem raising K9s to isolate, but raise it when you have position postflop, not from the BB.
    That makes sense dale. I guess thats why I was surprised - the hand was played well.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    its your 2nd hand at the table, you have no way of knowing if it was TAGy or not.

also, i dont think theres a problem raising K9s to isolate, but raise it when you have position postflop, not from the BB.
    I agree with both.
    I don't like to call here. Even more so, I don't like to make plays at tables I have no reads at. I like to fold a lot for a few orbits and get some reads, that would of made it easier to make a decision on how the player would act if he actually hit something. Without the reads, I fold. Without the reads, I limp preflop

I like check/limping here because it's cheap to hit something and slow play it. Or even hitting a king would probably win you the small pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe

I'd been datamining the table for just over an hour before sitting.

Sorry if this was unclear.