Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Micro Stakes Limit Holdem from the blinds

Default Micro Stakes Limit Holdem from the blinds

This may seem like a truly dumb question but, is it correct to lose consistently from the blinds. I recently did a review from HEM2 from last months play (Aug2013) using the HEM2 by full ring position report and noticed that nearly all of my losses are coming from the blinds. I've looked for strategy articles to try and overcome this but none seem to say anything about making losses from these positions. I have started playing extremely tight from these positions now and I'm concerned that the losses may increase. Whilst I'm willing to submit a week or two before doing another full-on review and take on any losses (or preferably see if these losses lessen) but, if anyone knows the normalcy of this situation then I can perhaps go back to a normal game instead of experimenting with an area that is not currently making any sense to me. I play on pokerstars 2/4 limit and 5/10 limit by the way and usually average out about 16 tables making a slightly positive bb/100 if this is of any use. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Yes it's normal to lose from the blinds. If you always folded the blinds you'd be -50 bb/100 from the SB and -100 bb/100 from the BB. So if you're doing better than that, even if you're negative, you're +ev from the blinds, since folding is always 0 ev.
    Doing much better than that. Thanks for your prompt answer. I have been skimming through all my books trying to find more info on this and was beginning to worry that there was a huge hole in my game.