Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

25NL 6 hands for review

Default 25NL 6 hands for review

I'm just starting giving a serious shot at cash. Curious what your line is at these spots...

Hand 1

Only at the table 50 hands. Villain has been 40/40 over 50 hands and I had been 3 betting him a lot. My normal 3 bet at this point had been $3. I did it 3 times and he's folded every time.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

BB ($21.75)
    UTG ($30.10)
    MP ($31.50)
    Hero ($36.95)
    Button ($24.90)
    SB ($24.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
    1 fold, MP raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.5, 3 folds, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.35) 9, 8, 7 (2 players)
    MP checks, Hero bets $6, MP raises to $12, Hero raises to $33.45

Hand 2
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO ($11.35)
    Button ($48.40)
    SB ($15.25)
    Hero ($66.30)
    UTG ($31)
    MP ($25.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, T.
    4 folds, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) A, 5, T (2 players)
    SB bets $1.5, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.10) T (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4.

River: ($13.10) 9 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $9

Hand 3

UTG ($9.20)
    MP ($48.65)
    CO ($26.15)
    Hero ($82.25)
    SB ($29.90)
    BB ($24.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, 9.
    UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) 5, Q, K (3 players)
    BB checks, UTG checks, Hero?

Hand 4

BB ($18.45)
    UTG ($6.45)
    MP ($10.05)
    CO ($21.45)
    Button ($41.40)
    Hero ($27.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, J.
    3 folds, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) 7, J, 3 (3 players)
    Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.5, Button calls $1.50, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($5.25) J (3 players)
    Hero?

Hand 5

UTG ($34.10)
    MP ($33.75)
    CO ($20.50)
    Button ($16.15)
    SB ($7.40)
    Hero ($29.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
    UTG raises to $0.5, 2 folds, Button calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.75, UTG calls $2.25, Button calls $2.25.

Flop: ($8.35) Q, A, 5 (3 players)
    Hero bets $7.25, UTG folds, Button raises to $13.4, Hero?

Hand 6

UTG ($24.35)
    MP ($56.55)
    Hero ($31.70)
    Button ($13.35)
    SB ($3.65)
    BB ($25.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, J.
    2 folds, Hero raises to $1, Button calls $1, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 2, 5, 5 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $1, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($4.35) A (2 players)
    Hero bets $2.75, Button raises to $5.5, Hero calls $2.75.

River: ($15.35) 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $6
    i'm no expert but i'll take a shot at these.

hand 1.

this depends on the player. if he's solid then you have to ask yourself what he would flat call your re-raise with. the min raise looks like a strong draw... maybe AKh, AQh, ATh... all of which you are behind. you have an over pair... most would say your play is fine.

hand 2

i started off value betting that much or more. he doesn't look very strong... i'd say make it $7.55. but 9 is fine.

hand 3

you have to bet here. make it 2.45.

hand 4

not sure why you are flat calling the raise here. i think alot of time on drawee boards the min raise is the guy trying to juice the pot so he makes more when he hits. i would re-raise to 6 or 7 on the flop and see what happens.

hand 5

button is a short-ish. all in. if he has you then nice hand him.

hand 6

button is a shorty... all in on the turn.
    1. seems good.
    2. good.
    3. definately bet
    4. I think c/c, dumping it on a flush hitting river or after big turn and river bets. Not sure if all players are dumping it on blank river though.
    5. You can go with a little smaller 3bet. snapcall. You'll see AQ sometimes, but AJ as well or some other weird holding, you're pot committed and played it well.
    6. Uncommon line I'd say, but seems good. I probably just cbet flop and double barrel a lot, because c/c and not hitting leaves you in a tough turn spot often.
    1 - were a little deep so I like just calling his flop raise and seeing what he does on the turn. If it's a brick and he fires big I'd just dump it. If he checks behind I'd bet and fold to another raise, and if he bets small I'd call for value.

2 - NH. Floating the flop is meh but if he's cbetting 100% its std.

3 - Might fold pre though you have the button. If you raise, raise more pre. check or bet flop, whatever. I'd take the free card see if I can pick up a draw.

4 - What do you know about BTN? What's your image? What were the last few pots between you guys like? This depends on too much to give a good answer.

5 - Shove. I actually like the flop bet.

6 - Gross. Bet flop. That way your turn will be easier to play since you'll have initiative. As played, c/c turn and river. You'll get a lot more value that way. I still think betting 3 streets for value is the best play.
    My sig is too much for you to handle.
    example of donk min raise that means nothing.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

CO ($32.35)
    Hero ($26.45)
    SB ($30.35)
    BB ($24.55)
    UTG ($24.65)
    MP ($19.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4, A.
    3 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.80) Q, J, K (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $1.4, BB raises to $2.8, Hero calls $1.40.

Turn: ($7.40) Q (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $4.25, BB folds.

Final Pot: $7.40
    lol what is with that? I see that check/min raise stuff a lot on flops when oop when flatted preflop. Is it a chronic bluff check minraiser?
    i dunno. sometimes it means the nutz. but alot of times its gay like this. i had been fairly active over the previous 10 hands or so. raising and cbetting alot. i guess he thought he was gonna test me with 77 or something. he could have some junk suited Ten. like T7 of spades or something.
    guys he's just looking to complain about taking coolers/beats

he'll continue to be the type of poker player we all love, the one that isn't any good but thinks he is, and slowly donates to the regulars.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingSaucy
    lol what is with that? I see that check/min raise stuff a lot on flops when oop when flatted preflop. Is it a chronic bluff check minraiser?
    IMO it can be both a bluff or a strong hand. However, the thing to realize is that most of the time if you call the raise, you're almost always getting a turn cbet fired. Without a read it's best to muck less than TPTK against a c/minraise.
    My sig is too much for you to handle.
    semi-bluff or weak pair a lot.
    Just dipping my toes back in.