Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Secure yourself

Default Secure yourself

5 Figures down the drain to a UK haxxor villain who decided to joyride 5knl PLO.

Make sure you pick up an RSA token if you haven't already. You can get one from the Stars FPP store for about $20-$30 worth of FPP, or here: http://www.rsa.com/node.aspx?id=1156

I ordered mine last week, received it today, works easy and like a charm.

I've also started using a new e-mail address exclusively for Stars. Also, implemented McAfee Anti-Virus.

For Stars players, there is also a PIN # option you could use to help secure your account. The RSA token is extremely effective though.

BiD
    wait, what happened?!?!
    I was not the victim, but I think it's important to post this.

revolngiris,
    hacker, broke into account of a fellow FTR's on their computer, gained access to stars account, BAM
    Well thats about as lame as it gets. I love hackers and all but they need to put their knowledge to better use...Sad day for smart computer people.
    Anyone know what the difference is between the cheaper and more expensive RSAs is?

"Gotta run well eventually."
    I think they are the same, but they are cheaper for the higher tier players. I have no clue why they would do that though; it seems pointless or backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Im_new
    I think they are the same, but they are cheaper for the higher tier players. I have no clue why they would do that though; it seems pointless or backwards.
    The discounted price is a reward for players who play on their site a lot. Not sure how that seems backwards.

Also, I thought it was pretty much mandatory for anyone who played at least like 50nl to have the RSA token. Sucks that Keilah got hacked, but shame on him for not having one.

Also, why is this in the MTT forum?
    [04:18] <+Bbickes> do u has teh agoraphobia?
    [04:18] <+fat> im agressive yes
    you would think they would keep it the same price for everyone, just as it is for the other prizes; a gold star players pays no less for a poster than a bronze star does.

And it seem backwards because a supernova could spend 5000 FPPs without much thought. Whereas, five thousand is a hell of a lot for a bronze guy. It is sort of like taxing the poor more than you tax the rich.

it's more about the amount of money in the account

also you get more FPPs per VPP as you move up so items that are the same FPP cost are "cheaper" for me.