Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

DDOS Attacks Won't Stop Americas Cardroom

US Players Allowed DDOS Attacks Won't Stop Americas Cardroom

In the world of poker, putting your money where your mouth is means everything. Americas Cardroom has certainly taken that to heart as evidenced this past weekend during its Million Dollar Sunday. When faced with an overlay of more than $200,000 and an onslaught of DDOS attacks, Americas Cardroom navigated players through the connection issues and to the final table where the 1st place prize of $200,000 was waiting.

“DDOS has recently impacted online businesses everywhere including Sony, Microsoft and even governments,” noted Phil Nagy, CEO of the Winning Poker Network. “DDOS does not seem to be going away anytime soon. In the current landscape it’s all about how well you mitigate and manage the attack.”
    Read the full article here: http://www.flopturnriver.com/poker-n...-october-26150
    I know. Very frustrating. I know ACR refunded $25 to me when I could not get in to play my game in a non annoying manner due to an attack a few months back. So much for a secure and reliable internet.
    It takes 2 years to learn to talk, but a lifetime to learn when to shut up.
    That sucks I am glad the big money tournament wasn't affected. I hope the smaller rooms like ACR can protect themselves from these clowns.