Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Golf

Default Golf

OK, I know there's a few golfers around here, who's your money on for the Open?

Ernie has to be a strong favorite, especially with the hole-in-one on the 8th, think he's my bet.
    Bah, the important Open was played already right down the street from me :P
    lemonade was a popular drink and it still is
    Vijay.
    -jay

"i think the biggest leak in my game is using 2nd level thinking against players who can't think on the first level." -Renton
    Despite all the blown chances, I'm still a Mickelson fan. Go Phil!
    "Limit poker is a science, but no-limit is an art..."
    Phil's best finish in the British Open is 11th, after that, 24th. At least when he wasn't winning majors, he was at least finishing right up near the top in the Masters, U.S. Open, and PGA. I don't think he has the game to win the British. I think that come Sunday, Els, Goosen, and K.J. Choi will be right there. Still a lot of golf to play, especially if the conditions get treacherous. I was really dissappointed when I watched Els take two to get out of the bunker on the 17th.
    "Why does this still seem like gambling to you!?"
    Biggest pity was that they missed filming the albatross
    Yeah, I take Phil's name out of the ring. Turns out he's not even playing. Guess he knew his game was a little loose for the British Open.
    {This post has been removed}
    Quote Originally Posted by heatman
    Yeah, I take Phil's name out of the ring. Turns out he's not even playing. Guess he knew his game was a little loose for the British Open.
    Mickelson posted a second round and tournament low 66 today to find himself 4 strokes back in tenth place.

Maybe he's got the game after all?
    You know, I guess you are right. I looked for him on the leaderboard yesterday, and couldn't find his name. A co-worker told me they saw an article in the paper that said he was sitting out, and I was foolish enough to believe him.

He's got some ground to make up, but you never know.