Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumNew Members Introduce Yourself

Greetings from Minnesota!

Red face Greetings from Minnesota!

Hello fellow poker enthusiasts,

My name is Tom, and I'm from Edina, MN in the USA. To tell you a little about myself, I'm 52 years old, and just getting back into poker again after being away from the game for the last 5-6 years.

Like a lot of people, I first got interested in poker about 20 years ago after seeing the movie "Rounders". My first attempt at playing was at a local card room by the name of the Canterbury Card Club. At that point, I knew nothing about the game and quickly donked off my buy-in chips in a game of 7 Card Stud. LOL.

Overall, the vast majority of my poker playing has been online with play money at PokerStars, or in small tournaments at local watering holes like the American Legion, back when everyone seemed to be running them during the poker boom. I have played live against "real" competition a few times but haven't had much success. I wonder if playing all the freerolls and such kind of messes with my game?

Now that I'm getting a little older and have some time on my hands, I've decided to take up the great game of poker once again and try to improve. Like many of you, I am hoping that online poker will return to the USA in the coming years and I want to be ready when it does.

Back in the day, I did do some studying and was able to improve and hold my own against the weak competition I was playing against, but it would be nice to be able to have some confidence walking into one of my local card rooms and enjoy some success against real competition.

It's great to have found this site. I've been pretty active on an NFL Football forum during the last 10 years, with 18,545 posts to date. Unfortunately, that site has started to die, so I'm hoping that maybe I have just found a new home here.
    I look forward to talking to many of you and soaking up some of your wisdom. I will try to contribute myself in some small way, even if it is more social than anything else until I get up to speed.

In the meantime, have a great day and keep scooping up those pots!
    Last edited by Portofino43; 05-05-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Welcome to Flop Turn River!