Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumPoker News, Reviews, Tools

Players that cheat?

Default Players that cheat?

Although I have yet to see it personally, I have heard rumors about there being some illegal programs that allow players to cheat with them. Has anyone here ever come across this, and is it really out there?

LOL
    I fold AA preflop.

Default Re: Players that cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by SevenOfHearts32
    Although I have yet to see it personally, I have heard rumors about there being some illegal programs that allow players to cheat with them. Has anyone here ever come across this, and is it really out there?
    plenty of cheats out there
    Even though I am new at this, I find that there will always be someone who can find a way of circumventing the system to gain an unfair advantage, be it online or offline.
    I don't give much merit to there being software for this purpose. The only one that is valid is some of the Bot software out there.

But there are definately those online at certain stakes/sites that will use stuff like skype and teamspeak to collude. This IMO is the real threat to legitimate online poker.

Default Re: Players that cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by daven
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenOfHearts32
    plenty of cheats out there
    So I have heard, but I have yet to experience it anywhere for myself. Sometimes I suspect things when a player seems to win every damn time, but that is hardly proof of them cheating, and they may just have better luck than I do.
    google 'absolute superuser account poker'
    also, i've reported a couple of players from a sng for collusion and had first place prize money awarded while the site promised 'follow-up action' against the players involved.
    I keep an eye on a couple of regs in my games that i know talk to each other while playing - doesn't seem suspect yet though.
    Here's my experience and knowledge with possible exploits:

1. Collusion
    2. Reading the client's internal state
    3. Bad shuffle algorithms
    ----------------------------------------------------

Collusion: Before I moved, very recently, I used to play the same poker site as a roommate, and usually at the same time. We never colluded, preferred different types of games, and didn't even actually know each other's handles.

Decent server code can allow people from the same connection to play at the same time on different tables, and simply not allow you to join a table or tournament if someone on the same connection is there. However, one person can tunnel through a proxy and connect from a connection located around the globe, or people in different locations can simply communicate through VoIP or a telephone. It would be very difficult to detect this--maybe they could track all the players that each person plays against, and if there is a high frequency of multiple accounts playing together more often than average, flag the accounts and send an observer to watch them play. However even that could be defeated by always using a throw-away account to dump chips, and dropping the account often--always using tunneling software so that they never got flagged.

Reading the client's internal state: If you look at the security pages of each poker site, they will state that they perform all calculations on the server, and only send each client what they are supposed to see.

This was not always the case. A few years ago, I was able to inspect the memory of the client of a big site running on my PC, and find the offset holding the hole cards of each player and the deck. It only took a few minutes to do that--don't get the impression that I am a super hacker, it's quite trivial--but now every site seems to have fixed that problem. I never actually used it to cheat; I don't care if anyone believes me or not. I didn't play poker back then, I was just a Computer Science student who downloaded it to test this very thing, and then deleted it.

Bad shuffle algorithms: Sometime over 10 years ago, a security company was able to analyze the hands, and found that the shuffle algorithm was flawed.

I can't post links, so search Google for poker shuffle algorithm and see the second result.

They were eventually able to know the composition of the deck--every player's hole cards and the flop, turn and river--as soon as it was dealt. Worse, one company provided the algorithm that every big site used, so they were all vulnerable. They fixed that vulnerability, and no one has published any reports of other algorithm flaws--but there is always the possibility that someone has found one and kept it to themselves.

Long post summarized: collusion is possible; software hacks are unlikely.
    Players that Cheat.

I Hate this shit ..............

If you suspect any kind of cheating .
    Any kind.
    Contact the support at the site you are playing.
    They will not only look into it.
    They will DEAL with it .................

Save Poker.
    Report a Cheater.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms
    qft
    my poker bot can beat up your poker bot
    LOL OPERATIONS
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start
    its odd but sometimes i think poeple can see my cards but i cant prove it
    Quote Originally Posted by dead spade
    Quote Originally Posted by DoanDiggy
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start
    dont post the secret BBJ code ffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by dead spade
    sometimes I feel like I can see people's cards but I really can't

Maybe this was you?

Absolute/UB Cereus Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Absolute/UB Cereus Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($24.27)
    SB ($58.28)
    BB ($58.64)
    UTG ($65.76)
    MP ($16.19)
    Hero (CO) ($191.84)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, Q
    UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero bets $1.25, 3 folds, UTG raises to $2.90, Hero calls $1.65

Flop: ($6.15) 8, 10, 3 (2 players)
    UTG bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($15.15) 3 (2 players)
    UTG bets $11, Hero calls $11

River: ($37.15) A (2 players)
    UTG bets $30, Hero calls $30

Total pot: $97.15 | Rake: $3

Results:
    UTG had 5, 5 (two pair, fives and threes).
    Hero had 8, Q (two pair, eights and threes).
    Outcome: Hero won $97.15
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller
    If you suspect any kind of cheating .
    Any kind.
    Contact the support at the site you are playing.
    They will not only look into it.
    They will DEAL with it .................
    Unless you play on AP/UB - because they probably know about it already.
    Hi ,

Very good for this info .. I like it .