Stacks:
    UTG Hero ($7.53)
    UTG+1 MadRay33 ($4.83)
    CO FredenStein11 ($5.20)
    BTN bigoton 69 ($4.80)
    SB st4kk0 ($2.33)
    BB cassanovvaa ($8.17)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 6 players) Hero is UTG
    Hero raises to $0.17, 1 fold, FredenStein11 calls $0.17, 2 folds, cassanovvaa calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.53, 3 players)
    cassanovvaa checks, Hero bets $0.15, FredenStein11 calls $0.15, cassanovvaa calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.98, 3 players)
    cassanovvaa checks, Hero ????,

Flopping quads got me psyched, but I really have no idea what to do on the flop. The fact that the possibility of me having a king my hand is high makes me really skeptical on how to continue, as the only hand that will be calling is either a FH or Ax. FH is unlikely, and if you bet strongly they'll probably fold, so I decided to try and play weak like a feesh. I know my bet sizing is complete utter shit, but like the donk I am, I was pretty dazzled at the sight of quads and really didn't know what the fuck to do. I believe that, at 5NL, betting 25% of the pot is a sign of feesh having a strong hand and not understanding the concept of betting big, so that was pretty stupid. i think if i would have just mashed the pot button to look like a 12 year old uberfish, I would have increased the chances of the villains calling me. I really have no fucking idea wat do, halp!
    roody-poos
    If you play this weak and try to get paid later it will reek of a K. Obviously none of them have a K so they are behind a ton. I would bet the turn and hope they both call with an A. Ax's are going to pay you off, but not unless they are droolers will you be able to C/R an A all in. Just bet pot on both streets or raise any bet. If they fold they fold, but waiting for them to start filling the pot will never happen when playing vs weak micro donks that hate to fold, but fear stronger hands.

Having quads and having a K is the same, your still ahead of 2 pair and any A, so just play it like an A and hope someone binks a FH or a draw and want's to get it in
    Their flop calling ranges here are inelastic. What that means is they play their range the same regardless of how much you bet, i.e. T9s/55 almost always fold to any bet and Ax will call nearly any bet.

So betting small on the flop is a big mistake with this hand, you need to start building a big pot vs Ax hands.
    Yea didn't even notice the size of the flop bet. Ax is calling anything almost, so I bet pot for sure. Hope someone thinks I am bluffing a K and try to get as much as I can in
    bet/bet/bet
    /flop sizing is pretty awful

no pressure, no diamonds
    Yeah. Flop sizing is pretty horrible.
    I'd bet all three streets at least 3/4 pot but prolly closer to the pot. If they fold then they fold.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    I agree bet sizing is absolute nigras on the flop, it was the fish inside me telling to be -EV. Thanks for the halp!
    Last edited by dudeman; 05-19-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    roody-poos
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopyDude View Post
    Their flop calling ranges here are inelastic. What that means is they play their range the same regardless of how much you bet, i.e. T9s/55 almost always fold to any bet and Ax will call nearly any bet.

So betting small on the flop is a big mistake with this hand, you need to start building a big pot vs Ax hands.
    This

Flop sizing is so bad I want to be sick in my mouth, the only reason I'm not is due to the fact I'm eating sushi.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I agree bet sizing is absolute niggers on the flop, it was the fish inside me telling to be -EV. Thanks for the halp!
    That's wacist
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters View Post
    Flop sizing is so bad I want to be sick in my mouth, the only reason I'm not is due to the fact I'm eating sushi.
    That would make me sick in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    bet it like you mean it.

Your never getting paid by the air hands, so there's no point waiting around for underpairs to catch a 2 out draw and pay you off. Plan to get paid by an ace, and bet with that end in mind.

if you play slow, any hand that has an ace is never going to put much in later on, you have to build the pot early and allow them to make big mistakes calling you.
    .4/1.2/ship

?wut