Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

An enjoyable hand...

Default An enjoyable hand...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3 Tournament, 15000/30000 Blinds 3000 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t548915)
    MP2 (t487002)
    MP3 (t204336)
    CO (t789444)
    Button (t138448)
    SB (t476288)
    BB (t215574)
    UTG (t687785)
    Skatia (UTG+1) (t847152)

Skatia's M: 11.77

Preflop: Skatia is UTG+1 with Q, Q
    1 fold, Skatia bets t66000, 3 folds, CO calls t66000, 3 folds

Flop: (t204000) A, 8, A (2 players)
    Skatia checks, CO checks

Turn: (t204000) Q (2 players)
    Skatia checks, CO bets t77000, Skatia calls t77000

River: (t358000) 6 (2 players)
    Skatia checks, CO bets t643444 (All-In), Skatia calls t643444

Total pot: t1644888
    Why not lead out on the river ?

I guess I missed the opportunity of getting value.Well he shoved, but I should definately had to bet the river...
    the river check is awesome, I am sad you did not defend it.
    Hahahaha mabe I improved and I don't even know it Dr...
    Yeh I think river check is fine, turn probably a lead though for like 1/3 pot since he can he can continue with tonnes of shit and probably won't start bluffing now and we'll stack everything he's betting at some point anyway etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by drmcboy View Post
    the river check is awesome, I am sad you did not defend it.
    why?

what hands do you think call a river lead?

which of those hands don't bet themselves?

If he has A2, do you think he'll raise the river?

If he has A2, do you think he'll fold to a check raise?
    what hands do you think call a river lead?
    Qx, Any A, KK (although unlikely as played), and if it is a low buy in tournament you can get a call from 8x, 66, 99-JJ (JJ probably unlikely)

which of those hands don't bet themselves?
    Qx, weak aces may check knowing they are likely not getting called by worse, 8x, 99-JJ, KK

If he has A2, do you think he'll raise the river?
    I would say 60-70% likely

If he has A2, do you think he'll fold to a check raise?
    probably not given the stack sizes

you think A2 raises the river 60%+, but Ax doesn't bet sometimes ? I do not understand. I think Ax checks 0%.

All of the hands you listed to call a bet are substantially less likely than him having nothing. Since Ax bets anyway, is never folding, but may flat, checking is better. He has Qx rarely and those other hands are going to be terrified when you lead the river. It looks exactly like you've slow played Ax.

If we had 8s/6s full it would be close since he has so many more Qx combos, but not with Qs full. I would still prefer a check because I think there is a decent chance weak Ax will just call, but I don't think they can fold to a c/r.
    you think A2 raises the river 60%+, but Ax doesn't bet sometimes ? I do not understand. I think Ax checks 0%.

All of the hands you listed to call a bet are substantially less likely than him having nothing. Since Ax bets anyway, is never folding, but may flat, checking is better. He has Qx rarely and those other hands are going to be terrified when you lead the river. It looks exactly like you've slow played Ax.

If we had 8s/6s full it would be close since he has so many more Qx combos, but not with Qs full. I would still prefer a check because I think there is a decent chance weak Ax will just call, but I don't think they can fold to a c/r.
    I think weak aces will sometimes check behind (probably 30% of the time) and sometimes bet, Hero's line may be interpreted as either slowplayed A or a hand without an Ace that picked up some sort of draw on the flop and called, then lead out on the river when missed, it would be tough for villian to put hero on an A after checking the flop and turn

The line of check/calling flop and turn and checking river, makes him think that I could have sth like Qx or KK, JJ, TT, hands I will fold facing an all in whatever he has.
    Quote Originally Posted by TLR View Post
    I think weak aces will sometimes check behind (probably 30% of the time) and sometimes bet, Hero's line may be interpreted as either slowplayed A or a hand without an Ace that picked up some sort of draw on the flop and called, then lead out on the river when missed, it would be tough for villian to put hero on an A after checking the flop and turn
    I would stop worrying Ax will check behind, but even if you are correct, you still make a lot more since 70% of the time when they do bet, you get to check raise them.
    c/shoving here def the best play well done.

?wut