Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumShort-Handed NL Hold'em

really tough spot vs. villain whos aware

Default really tough spot vs. villain whos aware

This guy is pretty good, his preflop game was not great but post flop he was giving me a good run for my money. He was doing a good job of picking off bluffs and putting me to tough decisions. Clearly hes been doing his share of bluffing, but this spot seems tricky.

edit: one time I two barreled in a 3bet pot river was blank and so he took the pot with tp or something. Another time I 2 barreled a blank on a drawie board and he folded. We have been 3betting quite a bit, from what I have seen his calling range is mostly broadways, but his calling frequency is way to high to only be broadways.

villain $258.35 in chips (button)
    Hero $229.55 in chips
    villain: Post SB $0.50
    Hero : Post BB $1.00

Holecards:
    Dealt to Hero
    villain: Raise $4.00
    Hero : Raise $13.50
    villian: Call $10.00

Flop:
    :Jd:
    Hero : Bet $22.00
    villain: Call $22.00

Turn:

Hero : Bet $51.00
    villain: Call $51.00

River:

Hero : Check
    villain: Bet $170.85
    without history i think this is pretty much impossible for us to comment on. Game flow related entirely imo.
    Flopping quads and boats like its my job
    Quote Originally Posted by thizzSantaCruz
    without history i think this is pretty much impossible for us to comment on. Game flow related entirely imo.
    we had been playing for 600 hands at this point, I started with 450, him with 100. We swung around 250-350 having relatively even stacks for the majority of the session. I would build up gaining some momentum, then get a two barrel picked off or lose a few 3bet pots in a row. He seemed very aware of when it was time to put the pressure on.

A few things that I took note of that maybe of interest. He would change his opening bet size randomly as it was too frequent to be and adjustment to my calling frequency. Also he would randomly 3bet to 16 to 25bb when I was opening for 3.5. And lastly he would show bluffs that were more daring than well thought out. This lead me to believe he had a decent understanding of the game but was just kind of messing around; playing for the thrill or maybe just trying to toy with me.
    You-- yes, you-- you're a cunt.
    I never call here unless i have some kind of slam dunk read and they i wouldn't be posting the hand on this forum anyway.
    I think its really tough, and he could be making a move here based on what you are saying. He could easily be floating this flop and picked up a flush draw on the turn. Or he could have an overpair with a diamond. Actually now that I think about it I probably fold.
    Flopping quads and boats like its my job
    you can't call here without a sick read
    The secret to success in poker is to rig the odds in your favor.
    Fold no doubt about it
    Check out the new blog!!!
    massssssimmmmoooooo
    I got more flava than fruitstripe gum