Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Gauntlet: The Online Poker League

Poll:Gauntlet Start Times

View Poll Results: What Gauntlet start times would you like to see?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wednesday: 7pm ET (12am GMT)

3 15.00%
  • Wednesday: 8pm ET (1am GMT)

3 15.00%
  • Wednesday: 9pm ET (2am GMT)

2 10.00%
  • Wednesday: 10pm ET (3am GMT)

3 15.00%
  • Wednesday: 11pm ET (4am GMT)

2 10.00%
  • Sunday: 1pm ET (6pm GMT)

6 30.00%
  • Sunday: 2pm ET (7pm GMT)

7 35.00%
  • Sunday: 3pm ET (8pm GMT)

5 25.00%
  • Sunday: 4pm ET (9pm GMT)

8 40.00%
  • Sunday: 5pm (or later) ET (10pm GMT+)

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Poll:Gauntlet Start Times

The exact details of the next season of the Gauntlet are being finalized, and we want your input on what starting times you would prefer!

There will be two games a week, Wednesday and Sunday. Wednesday will be a turbo, and Sunday will have a slower structure. Pick as many options as you would be happy playing!

Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions about starting times or days in this thread.
    Last edited by Pascal; 08-28-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Wednesday: 7pm ET (12pm GMT)
    should be 12am GMT!
    Dear everyone: Please vote for as late as possible on Wednesday!

And don't vote for the early times on Sunday!

Euros and I will never get along
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    9pm gmt Sundays is all I can do.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Gonna struggle to play on Wednesday, but Sunday I can play anytime in the evening.
    I'm an insomniac, but starting a game of poker at 4am is a stretch, even for me! Sunday I am quite literally happy to play whenever, I voted for 7pm just so it plays around the same time as the storm, but I'm not bothered at all. Wednesday, any time between midnight and 2am is great for me, but that's gonna suck for other Brits. I sometimes play live poker on wednesdays so I'm happy to see 12am being the first option, I'm back by then, and I'll be a little drunk, so you can all laugh at how awesome I play on sundays and how terrible on play on wednesdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Bump.
    I'd prefer Sunday afternoon, but any time Sunday is fine.

Alternatively, if we are trying to accomodate Euros and Courtie, which would be tough, any day after 1 a.m. EST would work, although that's pretty early for Euro degens.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by donkbee View Post
    Dear everyone: Please vote for as late as possible on Wednesday!

And don't vote for the early times on Sunday!

Euros and I will never get along
    How early is too early for you? Would a 2pm game not get you to start a good schedule early?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    How early is too early for you? Would a 2pm game not get you to start a good schedule early?
    I live in the PST time zone, so everything is 3 hours earlier for me. That being said, I could make 2 pm EST work. Usually if I play MTTs on Sunday, I start around 3:00 with the Million (which is the time I voted for), so 2:00 isn't so bad. I would just late reg Gauntlet.

Speaking of late reg, can we make sure our games have it? Otherwise I might not make it to any games :P
    Last edited by donkbee; 08-30-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!
    I think there's only 1 level of late reg by default, so it'll be 10 or 15 minutes. Looking at the polls and the replies, I'm thinking one weekly event on Sunday at 3pm ET (8pm GMT) might be the best option. 2pm ET Sundays has the most votes along with 7pm ET on Wednesdays, but I think asking people to play twice a week is a bit too much and I think more people will be able to play on Sundays in total.
    I typically play on Wednesdays & Sundays (coincidence?).
    Wed. I start at ~ 14:00(ET)
    Sun. ~12:00(ET)

I'll play in both for sure (if you decide to go ahead with Wed. too)
    whenever. If these are going to be in play money home games then can US players play too? if so, is it worth crossing this thread over to the commune for a week or something? re times, if i'm awake and at my computer i'll play them. That can be pretty much anytime between 00:01 and 23:59 est, i try and grab at least 2 minutes sleep most days.

the later the sunday ones start the more likely i am to be awake cos lol-weird-timezones
    Last edited by daven; 08-30-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    wed times for euro players are really unreasonable. but sundays are good for everybody. early sunday aftnoon for us and canadian players.
    Love to play if the start times fit, but 12am onwards is very late for us over here Pascal, including you...

I guess it depends on how many are in since it's Turbo, but still, an hour earlier would be a little more reasonable for those of us that work. (That's midnight CET, assuming we have some mainland European bretheren interested?).

8pm unfortunately is a little early (Amazing how little time you're allowed to youself when you have young kids!).

ANyway, voted and we will see
    This has been decided already - check the other thread We decided upon 8pm GMT (3pm ET) on Sundays. I'll lock this one now